Serve guests, bread, water and butter upon their arrival, and provide refills as needed. Remove used tableware between courses; clear and reset tables after guests leave.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of the company.
- Set tables with clean linens, condiments, or other supplies.
- Clear tables after guests, wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths or replace dirty tablecloths.
- Promptly clean table tops, chairs, booths, and the floor under and around tables between guests.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Locate items requested by guests.
- Scrape and stack dirty dishes and carry dishes and other tableware to kitchens for cleaning.
- Take soiled tableware to the designated area, and unload, sort and stack silverware, dishes, and glassware for cleaning.
- Perform serving, cleaning, or stocking duties to facilitate customer service.
- Carry food, dishes, trays, or silverware from kitchens or supply areas to serving counters.
- Clean up spilled food or drink or broken dishes and remove trash.
- Serve food to guests when servers need assistance.
- Promptly greet guests as they are seated and serve ice water to guests.
- Thank guests as they leave.
- Maintain adequate supplies of items such as clean linens, silverware, glassware, dishes, or trays.
- Clean and polish counters, shelves, walls, furniture, or equipment in food service areas or other areas of the restaurant, and mop or vacuum floors.
- Fill beverage or ice dispensers.
- Stock cabinets or serving areas with condiments and refill condiment containers.
- Communicate with server and host or hostess to expedite efficient seating, table utilization, and customer service.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- Inspect assigned restroom every 30 minutes, and clean as needed.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.