Quality & Safety Control and Operational Excellence
- Manage daily operations to ensure food quality whilst improving existing processes and productivity for operational excellence.
- Enforce consistency of food execution and food quality control before service / dispatch.
- Enforce good practices for food storage in accordance with food safety standards.
- Oversee preparation of deli items and prepare a la minute orders.
- Manage and enforce workplace safety and food hygiene & safety management systems for food services, policies and practices.
- Facilitate and manage production site and equipment maintenance plans.
- Based on customer feedback, manage service performance and production processes to achieve agreed targets for product quality.
- Conduct F&B hygiene audit.
R&D and Menu Creation
- Lead in R&D / food tasting to come up with new menu ideas for existing stores.
- Create and plan menus for new stores and sub-brands; carry out R&D and food tasting for such menus.
Procurement and Cost Control
- Liaise with vendors and Business Support Team for food ordering including negotiating on food price / costs, sourcing replacement / substitutes.
- Monitor, manage and approve ad hoc team expenses and staff claims.
- Monitor, manage and enforce expenses, food cost (margins) and pricing, wastage and quality control in accordance to agreed targets.
Team Management & Development
- Collaborate with HR to recruit, interview and hire new members for the Culinary Team.
- Ensure high retention rates and manage attrition of the team in cooperation with the Sous Chefs and Associate Sous Chefs.
- Oversee the performance of the team and ensure team members are able to meet the requirements of their Areas of Responsibility and act in accordance with the Team Values; conduct performance appraisals.
- Organise and conduct orientation and training of new joining team members.
- Manage and plan staffing for all outlets in collaboration with Sous Chefs and Associate Sous Chefs.
- Review and approve leave applications for the Culinary Team.
- Oversee the general development of the Culinary team, including planning and executing professional development activities for the team.
- Any other duties as assigned.