Slutty Vegan is the leading plant-based burger restaurant. Since 2018, Slutty Vegan has rapidly become a tech based, customer focused dining experience that is unlike any other. We are a fun, high energy, counter-serve spot and our burgers are piled high with sauce and plenty of toppings. Our purpose is to open up the conversation on vegan food options for people who have never considered them.
Position Summary: The District Manager provides overall leadership and direct supervision of SVA restaurants to ensure that the Brand Vision and Mission is being delivered and that each restaurant General Manager meets or exceeds the operating plan established for each of their restaurants. The District Manager accomplishes these objectives by role modeling and actively selects, trains and develops their managerial employees daily to achieve key results in People Management, Customer Service, Sales and Revenue Analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Builds high-performing Restaurant General Managers when selecting, training, retaining and recognizing A+ talent utilizing SVA’s tools and processes.
• Identifies and develops a pipeline of talent through effective succession planning tools and best practices. • Executes the Performance Management process consistently to ensure employees are set up for success and held accountable.
• Partners with the HR Team to ensure all stores are maintaining legal compliance and being proactive in addressing all employee relations.
• Partners with the Training department to achieve all menu item rollouts and to ensure proper standards and procedures are being met.
• Establishes plans to visit stores daily/weekly that involves setting priorities, managing details and carrying out effective coaching visits and providing recognition.
• Drives customer-focused culture by resolving serious customer issues and training managers to meet or exceed customer service standards.
• Coaches, drives excellence, and holds the restaurant management team accountable around core operational procedures.
• Ensures that food safety standards are met in each unit. Supervises through direct observation as well as follow up on food safety audit results. Ensures that restaurant management teams are properly trained through Servsafe or State approved equivalence.
• Ensures that restaurant level plans and marketing initiatives are in place and being implemented. Responsible for helping the General Manager execute local store marketing plans to drive year over year sales growth.
• Analyzes sales, labor, inventory and controllables on a continual basis and coaches GMs to take specific corrective action to meet or achieve margin and sales growth targets.
• Conducts business reviews and contact meetings regularly with the GMs to build their capability to identify and drive tactics to close performance gaps.
• Ensures that each store is within compliance of Federal/State/Local requirements.
• The above duties and responsibilities are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be expected or asked to perform.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• College degree preferred and Servsafe Certification required.
• 7+ years of experience in restaurant operations, 2 years of multi-unit store management experience, preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Systems & Software – proficient level knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
• Must be willing to travel 70% of the time between assigned restaurants and meetings.
• Planning and Organizing- Accomplishes goals through establishing priorities and organizing your own workload to meet deadlines in a timely fashion. Manages time wisely and effectively prioritizes multiple, competing tasks. Plans, organizes, and actively manages meetings for maximum productivity.
• Communication- Establishes, monitors, and improves communication channels that foster open communications, upward, downward, and among peers. Holds regular meetings to ensure timely and accurate two-way communication within and between teams, departments and all management levels.
• Talent Management- Is aware of current staffing levels. Is able to identify/assess strengths and opportunities and develop plans to maximize employee potential. Knowledgeable on recruiting strategies to attract A+ talent.
• Results Oriented- Influences events to achieve or exceed goals. Is dedicated to achieving outcomes without compromising core processes, values, or procedures. Conveys a sense of urgency to make things happen – wants results. Respects the need to balance short- and long-term goals. Have the energy / work ethic to maintain the pace required to produce company results.
• Problem Solving/Decision Making- Considers options and alternative courses of action to make rational and realistic decisions in a timely manner. Asks open-ended questions to gather information and listens carefully to response(s). Uses resources to gather collective ideas on issues to better arrive at a timely decision.
Pay: $85,000 - $95,000. Salary to commensurate with experience.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Company perks
Slutty Vegan’s COVID-19 Precautions:
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place