Zachary’s expects its crew members, including Hosts and Servers, to be mobile and ready to help customers through the duration of their shift, with the exception of meal periods and rest periods. Customer service, efficient and timely business operations, and safety are always the priorities and crew members are expected to be able to quickly help customers at any time. The nature of the work is dynamic; work needs to be done efficiently with a quick response time to customers. Crew members are constantly on the move to meet customer and business needs and demands and to ensure the restaurant stays safe, clean, and sanitary. We need tasks to be completed in the most efficient manner possible for our business operations and for our customers. Crew members are expected to respond to and assist customers on a moment’s notice.
Essential Job Functions
• Greet and help customers throughout the dining area, at the registers, and in the front area of the restaurants as well as any other areas in which a customer may approach a crew member to ask for assistance.
• Welcoming and attending to customers when they enter the restaurant • Work cooperatively with other crew members.
• Answer phones and be ready to assist customers and other crew members before or after calls. Customers are a priority! Other tasks should be set aside as needed to assist customers in a timely manner.
• Retrieve pizzas for to-go customers.
• Make dine-in and to-go salads.
• Clear and clean dining room tables, chairs, and floors (bussing tables) with special attention to sanitation and order.
• Welcome, promptly seat, and distribute menus to customers upon arrival for dine in service.
• Assist servers, as needed, with table maintenance (drink refills, pizza wraps, dropping checks, etc.)
• Provide excellent service to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Understand how to use point-of-sale system and conduct accurate cash and credit card transactions.
• Place pizza orders immediately and accurately
• Make menu recommendations and answer menu questions including answering questions about menu specials.
• Deliver food and beverages to tables
• Restock various items
• Dishwashing as needed
• Keep all work areas and customer areas clean.
• Comply with all food and beverage regulations.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Handle all job duties in a timely and efficient manner.
• Must be over 18 to serve (alcohol)
• Exceptional and timely customer service
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Attention to cleanliness and safety
• Patience and customer-oriented approach
• Good people skills with a friendly attitude
• Handle physical labor including:
o Lifting up to 25 pounds regularly
o Bending, standing, lifting, and reaching throughout shift
o Occasionally climb ladders
o Ability to work long shifts
o Able to stand and walk throughout shifts (sitting is not compatible with the job duties of hosts and servers, providing timely customer assistance, or necessary business operations)
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Ability to work with urgency and respond quickly to customers and staff • Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays