The Barkley Pet Hotel and Day Camp is growing our team of passionate pet lovers. We are looking to add a Dog Bather to our team. One year of professional pet care/dog bathing experience is preferred. The ideal candidate has a passion for dogs, is calm, positive, and loves being active. Position responsibilities include bathing pets per the pet parents' request, brush-outs, drying, nail trims, ear cleaning, workspace sanitation, and client communication. This position requires some shifts to be evenings, weekends, and holidays. If you are passionate about pets, love being active, and are a hard worker this is the right position for you. Company-paid grooming academy opportunities are available after 6 months for qualified candidates.
- Passion for pet care
- Must be able to handle multiple
- tasks and remain flexible with assigned duties
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrates excellent time and task management
- Passion for health, safety and cleanliness of pets and workspace.
- Must be consistently positive, punctual, and professional
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Move throughout the resort for extended periods of time (up to 6-8 hours per day).
• Being able to lift and move 40 lbs.
• Understand and respond to team members' and guests’ requests in a loud environment
• Bend, stoop, and reach in order to run and load dogs/cats, serve customers, and clean the resort
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability,
genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.