The Barkley Pet Hotel and Day Camp is growing our team of passionate pet lovers. We are looking to add Day Camp Pro to our team. The ideal candidate has a passion for dogs, is calm, positive, and loves being active. Position responsibilities include facilitating off-leash playgroups, documenting behavior information, maintaining a safe and sanitary environment, and participating in overall pet care. This position requires some shifts to be evenings, weekends, and holidays. If you are passionate about having fun with dogs, love being active, and you are a hard worker this is the right position for you. Advancement opportunities are available.
- Passion for Pet Care
- Must be able to handle multiple
- tasks and remain flexible with assigned duties
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrates excellent time and task management
- Passion for health, safety and cleanliness of your environment.
- Must be consistently positive, punctual, and professional
- Willing to learn animal body language and behavior
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Move throughout the resort for extended periods of time (up to 6-8 hours per day).
• Being able to lift and move 40 lbs.
• Understand and respond to team members' and guests’ requests in a loud environment
• Bend, stoop, and reach in order to run and load dogs/cats, serve customers, and clean the resort
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability,
genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.