Hudson's Restaurant and Catering is looking for a hard-working prep cook to be responsible for setting up workstations in the kitchen and preparing ingredients for the cooking process. The prep cook is required to perform basic cooking duties, monitor stock levels, and take on culinary tasks as they arise.
We also offer many other great benefits such as:
- Flexible schedule
- Leadership opportunities to gain real world management experience to help you reach your professional goals.
- Competitive pay
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Culinary school training would be advantageous.
- Experience as a prep cook may be advantageous.
- Manual dexterity to operate cooking tools such as knives.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Physical endurance to work long shifts in a busy environment.
- Flexibility to work shifts, weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
- Setting up and sanitizing workstations.
- Following prep lists created by chefs.
- Measuring ingredients and seasonings, and preparing cooking ingredients such as soup stock to be used in the cooking process.
- Preparing simple dishes, such as entrees or salads.
- Ensuring all food items are properly stored and easily accessible.
- Assisting chefs in preparing food and attending to any culinary tasks that arise.
- Distributing plates to wait staff to be served, cleaning plates for dishwashing, and preparing takeaway packages for customers.
- Supervising food and cooling room temperatures.
- Accepting or rejecting ingredients from suppliers.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, and sanitized kitchen.
- Preparing drinks and cocktails according to the chef's specifications.