Purple Lotus in San Jose is currently seeking passionate and organized cannabis Inventory Stocker for our inventory team. We are looking for someone to be hands on with our products, so our ideal candidate has an understanding for cannabis products, while being good at time management, to manage their time during work efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality products.
The Inventory Stocker plays a critical role in the organization by stocking merchandise in retail space and also maintains a clean, neat, and member-ready area. They receive and distribute merchandise throughout the store, displaying it in accordance with procedure, and take inventory of stock regularly.
Inventory Associate Job Duties::
● Ensure proper stock rotation using FIFO method.
● Responsible for labeling products and bins according to state and city regulations.
● Responsible for restocking the sales floor according to the company restocking policy.
● Assist with conducting cycle counts on all product categories, keeping accurate and detailed records of findings.
● Communicate all variances and low stock items to the Supply Chain Director including any issues related to compliance.
● Assist front of house staff with questions and requests related to inventory.
● Maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with all state and local regulations pertaining to Inventory stocker duties.
● Sorting products and placing excess products in storage rooms.
● Ensure no expired or damaged items are on the shelf.
● Reporting damages to carts, shelves, baskets, and other store property.
● Marking items with individual ID codes (prices, stock numbers, barcodes, inventory control codes, etc.
● Maintains an accurate record keeping of daily moves, chain of custody form, scanning inventory, and counting accurately.
● Sorts and stocks products on shelves and in the back of house.
● Keep the work area clean, organized, and free of hazards (including backroom and shelves), and dispose of trash.
● Perform general stocking duties on a daily basis including storing and stocking products in/on bins, pallets, shelves, racks, and refrigerators.
- Assist the Inventory, Retail, and E-commerce departments to staff, stock, and manage the Fulfillment Room in order to streamline the fulfillment process. The goal being to have orders packed as quickly and accurately as possible.
- Pick and scan items for pickup/delivery/express orders. Assist with moving packaged orders to the proper locations with necessary receipts attached.
- Restock and organize inventory and supplies as needed in the Fulfillment Room.
- Provide training to new and current employees with regards to the fulfillment room processes and stocking.
● Ad hoc duties and projects as assigned by the Sales Floor Management Team.
Requirements & Skills:
Inventory Stockers will focus on ensuring a high level of accuracy in product intake and recordkeeping. There is a heavy focus on the product life cycle and ensuring product rotation procedures are followed. Each inventory specialist will be required to display strong organizational skills as well as impeccable attention to detail. The role also requires one to move efficiently at a fast pace and involves lifting objects up to 25 lbs.
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- “Continuous improvement” approach
- Ability to problem solve
- Team player
- Dependable and punctual
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- Teamwork oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Time management; employees must manage their time during work efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality products.
Attendance; must show up on time for work every day ready to work.
Communication & Following Direction; must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals.
- No former felonies or drug related charges.
Must have open availability Monday-Sunday
Education and Experience:
● 1-year inventory stocker experience preferred.
● Prior experience in the cannabis industry preferred but not required.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions::
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and products.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Time
- Life Insurance
Key Measures of Success:
Each inventory Stocker will be measured by the following:
● Knowledge of and adherence to all state and city compliance regulations.
● Shelf display in the Front of House.
● Follow all internal company policies and procedures.
● Punctuality and dependability.
● Ability to work well within a team environment.
● Living the Core Values.