The Bather is a position within the Resort. We believe in the mission of “Pet Lovers Delighting Pet Lovers” and we demonstrate this through being Playful, Passionate, Personal and Professional. A successful candidate for this position will be someone who not only embraces this culture, but is a team player, self-motivated, takes direction well, has excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail. This is a service-related industry and you should not only be skilled at customer service, but passionate about helping people. The Bather will assume complete responsibility for bathing the dogs that are here for a grooming service.
A Day In The Life:
The role of the bather is a little bit wrangler, a little bit lifeguard and a little bit sloppy kiss getter. You’ll help our grooming guests feel their best and go home smelling like a new dog. You help our friends smile when their pet parents come to pick them up because they feel like a million bucks. You’ll get wet. You’ll have some fur on you. You’ll probably be exhausted, but you also enjoy the joy of seeing our furry friends be a whole new dog!
- Ensure that each guest is treated with respect and dignity
- Ensure that all guests are bathed and that client’s requests are met (within our limitations as a bather)
- Bath services include: Bathing pet per pet parents request, brush out, drying, Nail trims, and ear cleaning.
- Bathers need to be professional and detailed when communicating with Pet parents either in person, via text/email or report cards.
- Baths must be completed in a timely manner. Time management is key to be a successful bather.
- Properly maintain all bathing supplies.
- Promptly notify the manager if supplies are needed (bandana, shampoos, etc). Take inventory of items weekly to ensure we do not run out of products.
- Maintain a sanitary and healthy environment by following standards of cleaning and disinfecting bathing areas.
- All bathing products are to be measured and diluted to standards
- Monitor guest’s health while bathing. Report any unusual concerns to a lead groomer, manager on duty, or General Manager
- Ensure the guest has water and a chance to “go potty” if he or she is in the bathing area for over 2 hours.
- Follow all standards of safety with regards to handling guests, particularly aggressive guests and escape artists
- Pay specific attention to room tags, (Meds Person to Feed, Aggressive, Separate for Feeding, etc.)
- Bathers need to review all prior notes and past pricing before completing the service.
- Adhere to procedures in identifying pets while they are in the Spa (groom cards, name bands, etc.)
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and grasping.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound.
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily fluids and to get dirty frequently.
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.