Rover Oaks Pet Resort in Houston, one of the Houston area's most exciting Pet Resorts, is looking for a full-time Experienced Dog Trainer who uses Positive Reinforcement/Reward-Based methods only.
Our Professional Dog Trainers are responsible for evaluating the training needs and goals of our clients’ dogs, recommending the appropriate programs, and implementing the techniques necessary to achieve those desired goals. They provide a variety of training vehicles including Lodge and Trains, day trains, group classes, private lessons and custom-designed programs. Rover Oaks does not accept dogs with a history of human aggression. This position may require working weekends and holidays. Schedule availability for evening and weekend classes is preferred.
Our trainers communicate regularly with clients via phone, email and in-person to provide updates on their pet’s progress and offer post-training support to help the client reinforce those skills so the learning continues with their pet.
Candidates for this position should have a minimum of six months to one year of experience as a Dog Trainer and thorough knowledge of dog behavior, pack dynamics, breed characteristics and understanding of obedience training principles and training methods. In addition, candidates should be physically able to handle and manage large dogs and difficult dogs, possess excellent communication skills and customer service skills, and have good working knowledge with programs such as Word and Excel.
Formal training and CPDT certification is a plus.
If the following traits describe you, we encourage you to apply to be part of our growing company with this fun job in a rewarding industry:
- Upbeat and Enthusiastic
- Polished Verbal Skills
- Motivated and Enjoys a Fast-paced Environment
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Qualifications For This Position:
- Knowledge of Operant and Classical Conditioning as it pertains to training dogs preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in training animals or equivalent education is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of dogs, dog behavior, and individual breed characteristics
All employees are eligible for free and discounted pet services and a 401(k) plan with matching funds. Full-time employees are eligible for health, dental, vision, disability, hospital, critical illness, and life insurance as well as paid sick and vacation time.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Training with assigned dogs daily
- Prepare training plans to assist clients with behavior modification of pets
- Meet with clients on arrival and departure of pet to discuss training expectations and progress
- Provide enrichment to training dogs
- Document and be able to explain in detail the dog’s behavior and training status for each training session. This is done in-person, through email and video.
- Adhere to LIMA (least intrusive, minimally aversive) training standards in all interactions and training exercises. Exclusive use of positive reinforcement training methods through classical and operant conditioning.
- Run preset class curriculum or develop class curriculum, where applicable
- Maintain highest standards of education in dog training
- Conduct group classes
- Conduct private lessons
- Assist with additional training sessions as needed, including virtual training when asked
- Consult with other departments
- Grow business by making recommendations to current Pet Parents.
- Create content (photos, videos) for social media posting.
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these “lifetime clients”.
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes
- Other duties as assigned.