ROVER OAKS PET RESORT is the premier pet resort in Houston and Katy for boarding, training, daycare and grooming. Our Houston location near NRG Stadium is seeking experienced Pet Care Supervisors to help manage the dog and cat boarding operations and provide exceptional care of the pets. This position will require working weekends and holidays. We have full-time and part-time positions available.
Our outstanding team of pet care professionals is the best in the industry! If you are an enthusiastic people and pet person with annoyingly strong attention to detail, we would be excited to talk to you about joining us!
All employees can take advantage of free and discounted pet services as well as our 401(k) program with matching funds. Rover Oaks Pet Resort also offers an excellent benefits program for full-time employees including health and dental insurance, life insurance, vision care, and paid sick and vacation time.
- Demonstrated attention to detail required.
- At least 1-2 years' experience as a veterinary technician or similar position in an animal clinic, pet resort or other pet care environment preferred.
- At least 1-2 year's experience managing or supervising the work of other employees preferred.
- Good organization skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good computer skills and written communication skills.
- Positive outgoing personality and excellent customer service skills.
- Physically capable of securing and handling large dogs.
- Supervise the activities of department employees who provide care for lodging dogs and cats.
- Accept arriving pets and discuss their care and health history with the pets' owners.
- Deliver departing pets to the owners, along with information related to the pets' visit.
- Prepare and administer daily meals for each pet.
- Administer prescription and non-prescription oral and topical medications.
- Answer phone inquiries from clients and prospective clients.
- Complete daily opening or closing procedures, checklists, and other administrative functions.
- Take pet photos and alert the marketing team to social media story opportunities
- Ensure the pets feel at home and loved by providing attention and cuddles whenever possible.