Are you a natural storyteller who loves working with people? Are you passionate about Northwest wines? Willamette Valley Vineyards is looking for an energetic team player and customer-focused individual to be part of our new Bend Tasting Room. This is your opportunity to join Willamette Valley Vineyards, the company that sets the standard for Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, and learn about our place in the Oregon Wine Story.
Tasting Room Associate Position Overview:
- Responsible for creating a world-class experience for guests while communicating the commitment and the history of Willamette Valley Vineyards with a consistent and impactful brand message.
- Deliver an unforgettable guest journey through pouring wines and promoting the sale of wine and memberships.
- Greet visitors to the winery and pour wine for tasting.
- Promote the sale of wine, non-wine merchandise, and the Wine Club.
- Describe wines, winemaking techniques, and the Oregon winery history.
- Handle routine purchasing transactions, which includes operating cash registers and accounting for daily sales throughout the day.
- Maintain non-wine merchandise in the Tasting Room (folding clothes, stocking shelves, etc.)
- Maintain supply of clean glasses, washing and drying racks of glasses throughout the day.
- Maintain daily supplies, which include bags, wine carriers, shippers, brochures, etc.-General housekeeping responsibilities- cleaning work area, wiping counters, dusting, busing tables, refilling water stations, etc.
Our Tasting Room Associate Position Offers:
- Opportunities to learn about wine and winemaking
- Competitive pay with a tip pool
- Generous team member discounts on dining, wine and merchandise
- Continuous growth opportunities within a rapidly growing company.
- Benefits offered for full time employees.
- Willing to work weekends and holidays
- High school diploma or similar.
- A valid/current OLCC and Food Handler’s Card (or be willing to obtain one prior to start date).
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and on-site events. Most of these events are held over holiday weekends.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate through active listening skills and gather insight into human behavior.
Must be able to:
- Stand for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be available to work peak tourism and traffic times including holidays, weekends, & evenings.
- Be available to work on-site events.
- Be flexible, and willing to work in a continually changing environment
- Lift 40 lbs.
Willamette Valley Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract, express or implied. The content of this material is not all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only.