Willamette Wineworks is seeking an energetic team player to join our kitchen team. The Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe, and sanitary facility. This job operates in a kitchen environment along with FOH glassware environment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals, and cleaning chemicals. Part-time, minimum Thursday-Sunday, willing to work weekends and holidays
Assists the Winery Chef in maintaining all kitchen operations, including but not limited to, preparing food and cleaning. Accurately and efficiently cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, and other food products.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware, and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through the dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to the cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in the dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans, cheese boards, and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to the dumpster.
- Set up or break down the dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine to clean filter compartments
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing your hands first.
- Other duties as directed.
- Supports Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural, and “green” environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Prior experience in a commercial kitchen is preferred.
- Valid Food Handlers Card
Must be able to
- Lift 40lbs and navigate stairs and hilly terrain.
- Stand for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work holidays, weekends, and evenings if necessary to accomplish duties of the position.
- Occasionally sit, climb, balance, stoop, and kneel.
- Independently motivated to identify and resolve issues, at the department level.
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract, express or implied. The content of this material is not all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only.