As our company grows, Willamette Valley Vineyards is looking for a Junior Copywriter to join our Marketing Department. This individual supports the Marketing Manager by building marketing campaigns and proofreading all copy before creating posts on our blog, email and social media sites.
Our ideal candidate is a mid-level writer who can work quickly on a range of projects and help our team with Marketing tasks as needed. This full-time, onsite position works at our beautiful Estate in the Salem Hills.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions for Marketing Junior Copywriter
• Writes headlines and copy for email blasts to be approved by the Marketing Manager and Winery Director.
• Carefully proofs all email communications for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Works with Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Specialist to ensure all pages are
properly structured for SEO and include meta and alt tags.
• Works with Marketing Manager to write engaging and educational entries for the blog.
• Works with Marketing Manager to maintain digital archives of the company's earned press.
• Documents processes and procedures for training purposes.
• Creates and edits email communications about wine specials, events, Wine Club shipments and Owner communications, among others.
• Pulls, organizes, cleans and segments lists from database for emails.
• Works with various department leaders to secure event and wine special details in advance to properly adhere to communication deadlines.
• Creates product and event pages related to email communications. Ensures all links work before an email launch.
• Fine-tunes website content and usability to ensure visitors can find information effectively.
• Supports our efforts to create a more sustainable and “green” environment to improve the company’s positive impact on the environment.
• Other tasks delegated by the Marketing Manager, Winery Director or CEO.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in marketing, sales or another related field.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including effective follow-up.
- Highly-developed organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including prioritizing workload, managing competing demands and using sound judgment in completing tasks.
- Be self-motivated within the team setting.
- A high level of adaptability to changes in the work environment and the ability to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in proofreading.
- Understanding of email design best practices. Experience building consumer emails in programs like Mailchimp or an equivalent email system is preferred.
- Ability to adhere to brand standards and writing guidelines.
- Ability to use standard CRM, Google Suite and department-specific related software programs.
- Basic understanding of Adobe Suite products or the ability and eagerness to learn.
Must be able to:
- Work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Work well behind the scenes using discretion and keeping all information confidential.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions appropriately, work independently and as part of a team.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality and productivity standards; complete work on time.
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction, take responsibility for actions and keep commitments.
- Remain open to others' ideas and try new things.
- Tactfully approach others; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Adhere to CAN-SPAM requirements.
- Sit for long periods and work weekends and evenings if necessary to accomplish critical tasks.
- Be independently motivated to identify and resolve issues at a department level.
• Thorough understanding or a genuine interest in the luxury wine business and terminology.
• Ability to educate customers about wine with passion, not pretension.