Are you someone who takes pride in their work and loves to create a fun-filled dining experience? Do you have a drive to exceed expectations and positively impact our guests and community? Then you are ready to turn up the heat and join legendary Dreamland BBQ where you can bring your passion for mouthwatering, open pit-cooked barbeque to life!
Our Success Starts With You! Check out these great benefits!
- Schedule Flexibility
- Free Employee Meal
- Weekly pay
- Paid Vacation
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for qualifying employees
- Ongoing training to build critical skills for current and future roles
- Employee Referral Program
- Management career advancement opportunities (Most of our managers are promoted from hourly positions!)
Dreamland BBQ’s core purpose is to preserve traditions with food, fun, and family memories along with:
- DRIVE THE EXTRA 45! We make the extra effort to provide a memorable guest experience and provide exceptional food quality. Our best work happens when we act in the service of others.
- HONOR THE COMMUNITY! We support our employees, our community and our guests with honor and respect.
- RESPECT THE FOUNDATION AND PASS IT ON! We are still built on the cooking methods founded in Tuscaloosa in 1958 and stay true to them and honor the legacy by sharing our history with guests, family, and team members.
- IT’S ALWAYS GAMEDAY! We come prepared to start each day with a positive attitude and preparedness.
Back of the House team members prepare hot and cold meals for presentation according to predetermined recipes and menus. They also monitor portions, manage inventories and maintain a sanitary kitchen work area. Additional responsibilities include:
- Inspect all kitchen surfaces to ensure that all areas are safe and sanitary
- Prepare food as directed.
- Season and cook food according to recipes
- Properly store, date and rotate food items.
- Organize food storage and kitchen equipment.
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan prep, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
The Keys will provide input as to the kitchen staff’s performance to the Kitchen Manager
- Will assist in maintaining effective cost controls including daily and periodic inventory variances.
- Will ensure a safe and secure work and dining environment for personnel and guests.
- Will ensure all Federal, State and local laws are being complied with at all times.
Prior experience preferred, but we're willing to train the right candidate. Candidates must have exceptional multitasking skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment, able to lift 25 lbs. or more, stand and walk for extended periods of time, able to bend, kneel, and lift tray overhead.