BACK OF THE HOUSE KEYS JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Kitchen Keys or Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
SUBORDINATES: Kitchen Staff
Oversees all facets of the restaurant’s kitchen. Supervises and coordinates activities concerning all back-of-the-house operations and personnel. This position requires a solid background in restaurant management and cost analysis. Must be capable of working 50 plus hours per week on multiple shifts in a restaurant floor and kitchen environment. Must also be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Will supervise all staff in accordance with the operational standards, procedures, and policies.
- Must be able to perform each position in the restaurant.
- Is responsible for CUSTOMER SATISFACTION and delivering the Dreamland experience.
- Will assist the Kitchen Manager in counting inventory as needed.
- Will assist with the scheduling of all employees and help achieve productivity goals as needed
The Keys will provide input as to the kitchen staff’s performance to the Kitchen Manager
- Will assist in maintaining effective cost controls including daily & periodic inventory variances.
- Will ensure a safe and secure work and dining environment for personnel and guests.
- Will ensure all Federal, State and local laws are being complied with at all times.
AUTHORITY, RESPONSIBILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Is responsible for the continued training of staff and maintaining a working knowledge of all recipes, products, cooking procedures, food service laws, and regulations.
- Responsible for overall customer service and food quality. Regularly taste tests menu.
- Responsible for the sanitation and cleanliness of staff and all restaurant areas.
- Inspects entire restaurant & property frequently to ensure adherence to health and safety regulations and high industry standards.
- Responsible for the maintenance and proper functioning of all Dreamland equipment.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, storing, and issuing of all food, beverage, retail, and small ware items to ensure a minimum of loss.
- Any other duties determined by General, Kitchen, or Operations Director.
Education: Must have a minimum of a high school diploma. A two-year college education is preferred. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Must be Serve-Safe Certified.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 2 years of food and beverage experience.