We believe in the mission of “Pet Lovers Delighting Pet Lovers” and we demonstrate this through being Playful, Passionate, Personal and Professional. A successful candidate will have at least 1 year of supervisor or equivalent experience that includes the oversight and motivation of staff members, and quality assurance. Animal experience is required. We are busiest on the weekends and holiday time frames so you must be available for many of these. You must be able to successfully complete tasks in a timely fashion in a fun, fast paced environment. If you have a love of animals and are a dedicated, high energy employee with management or supervisor experience, we may have the perfect job for you.
A Day in the Life: As the Kennel Lead, you are part of a larger team who is focused on the daily pet care of our guests. You’ll report to the RM and GM and work a variety of shifts to handle everything from walking dogs, feeding and administering medicines, cleaning their rooms, playing with dogs + cats and loving them as if they were your own. You’ll document what you are seeing and be ready to share with your manager and the pet parent.
Kennel Lead Requirements:
● Must coach and train team members
● Must be able to handle dogs of all sizes, as well as cats & exotics
● Must enjoy working with both people and pets
● Must have a flexible work schedule where you can work during the week, as well as, many weekends and holiday time frames
● Must be able to follow directions and comply with processes and procedures
● Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks and stand for long periods of time
● Knowledge of dogs in a group setting preferred but not required
● Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and grasping
● Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
● Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned
● Reliable, punctual, and dependable
● Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
● Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound
● Confirm that each guest is treated with respect and dignity
● Ensure that all guests are receiving appropriate amounts of food and water, clean and sanitize food/water bowls on a daily basis..
● Engage in play activities with pets including: fetch, exercise walks, chase, agility, follow the leader, recall and basic obedience games, etc.
● Supervise activities of multiple dogs together as needed
● Monitor guest’s health by daily charting of eating and elimination habits.
● Follow all standards of safety with regards to handling guests, particularly aggressive guests, and special needs guests
● Immediately alert manager on duty when a guest is ill or concerning behavior is observed.
● Verify the facility meets or exceeds our expectations with regards to cleanliness and safety. Clean and sanitize all pet enclosures, exercise yards, and common areas. Mix and use disinfectants and other chemicals safely as instructed by the supervisor.
● Manage kennel supply inventory
● Alert manager of any safety or operational issues in a timely manner
● Consult and willingness to assist with all other facility (including daycare, grooming & training) departments
● Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance. Build trust with customers.
● Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status,
gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or