General Expectations and Competencies
- Customer Service
- Eye for Detail
- Positive Attitude
- Team Oriented
- Ability to Manage Difficult Situations
The Host’s duties include but are not limited to:
The Host is expected to contribute to the overall guest experience at August E's through a positive and welcoming guest interaction.
- Responsible for the management of reservations.
- Check online reservations and phone messages, contacting guests and responding to inquiries when necessary.
- Answer the phone before and during service.
- Greet guests.
- Seat guests according to guidelines.
- Manage the wait list effectively.
- Coordinate with server to ensure guests waiting for a table are taken care of properly.
- Perform all aspects of the “Host Check Up List”.
- Effectively communicate with all Front of House staff.
- Help set up tables for the next guests.
- Able to provide guests with insight on menu, wine and other beverage options.
- Any and all other duties required for the efficient operations of the Front of the House during service hours.
- Restaurant experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Current TABC Certificate.
- Current Texas Food Handler’s Certification.
- Ability to walk, stand and work in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Able to lift up to and over 20 pounds
- Able to maintain a clean personal appearance at all times.
- Must be able to work during peak times, including on the weekends and during holidays.
The Host will report to the General Manager. The Host will adhere to all August E's Policies and