The Manager is a working manager, serving guests their favorite burger or craft beer,
while managing the daily operations of our Pub, ensuring that all Crew Member are
performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas of their job
descriptions. The Manager is expected to be consistent with and supportive of the Pub’s
- Adhere to standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility, and labor costs.
- Achieves results by planning, communicating, delegating and following up.
Food Safety and Planning:
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of Pub.
- Ensure compliance with operations standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent, high quality food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional Pub image, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Delivers a Guest Experience that keeps them coming back again and again.
- Quickly and positively responds to guest concerns and follows up with the Crew to prevent the issue from reoccurring and turning dissatisfied guests into return guests.
Training and Development:
- Treats all Crew Members with dignity and respect.
- Trains, coaches and provides regular performance feedback to motivate improve performance of all Crew Members.
- Ensures Crew Members are trained, motivated to ensure consistent guest satisfaction.
- Provides appropriate effective counseling to the Crew while maintaining proper documentation.
- Communicates Crew goals and expectations to all Crew Members.
- Completes all required administrative duties and daily paperwork including but not limited to staffing, payroll, payables, inventory, craft beer menu and check lists.
- Follows all company guidelines for food and cash controls; follows all cost control guidelines to maintain and minimize Pub costs.
- Properly uses all products, supplies and equipment.
- Able to establish and environment of trust to ensure honest, open and direct communication.
- Practices equal opportunity employment, non-discrimination, and ADA (American with Disabilities Act) compliance.
- Ensures all labor laws (federal, state and local) are followed.
- Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of Crew Members, Guests, and company assets.
- Role models and sets a positive example for the entire Crew in all aspects of business and personnel practices.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; capable of communicating effectively with upper management, guests and Crew Members.
- A college degree is desirable.
- Must be ServSafe Certified.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation to work and proof of insurance.
- Able to work a standard 50 hour work week. Able to work flexible hours when necessary to manage and operate the Pub effectively.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to motivate Crew Members to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Ability to get results through others; takes initiative.
- Ability to look at Pub operations from a Guest’s perspective.
- Ability to meet performance standards for assigned tasks and duties.