We are looking to add an experienced Groomer to our team. A successful candidate for this position should have experience grooming and bathing all breeds. This is a service-related industry that requires someone who is passionate about customer service, a team player, self-motivated, takes direction well, has excellent communication skills, and has great attention to detail. This is an excellent opportunity to build a quick client base with our daily
traffic of daycare and boarding clients. Our customer service team will be your partner in scheduling, payments, and client communication. Health, dental, PTO, and 401k benefits are available.
- Education: Professional Grooming Certification
- Experience: Two + years of professional grooming experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of individual breed standards and breed cuts
- Use of proper scissoring techniques
- Must be punctual, dependable, and have a consistent positive attitude.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally.,
- Works to make these “lifetime clients”.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling.
- Provide an overall positive experience for the pets as they are being groomed, including compassion, gentleness, reassurance, safety, and comfort.
- Ensure that all pets are groomed or bathed to the parent’s specifications and proper documentation is completed.
- Work with the resort team to schedule grooming appointments. This includes returning phone calls or other communication in a timely manner, using online software, and working with resort hosts to fill open appointments.
- Greet and provide feedback after salon service to the client along with documenting in pet’s records.
- Properly maintain all grooming tools to ensure the quality of the grooms.
- Maintain a sanitary and healthy environment by following the resort’s standards of cleaning and disinfecting your workspace.
- Efficiently use supplies and notify the manager when supplies are needed.
- Monitor and report any health concerns noticed during services. Provide water and appropriate opportunities to eliminate during services.
- Follow all standards of safety with regard to handling guests.
- Adhere to pricing guidelines. Get prior approval from the manager or pet parent before any additional costs are added to the service.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Move throughout the resort for extended periods of time (up to 6-8 hours per day).
• Being able to lift and move 40 lbs.
• Understand and respond to team members' and guests’ requests in a loud environment
• Bend, stoop, and reach in order to run and load dogs/cats, serve customers, and clean the resort
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.