$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS*
HIRING FRONT SERVERS
Strong spirits, wine, and wine service knowledge with the ability to pass a wine exam. Prior experience as a server in a full-service restaurant environment.
Commander’s Palace can offer you:
- A full-time 4-day work week so you have more time for you
- Part-time schedules available
- Career Pathways for growth within our company
- Aqua Blue U Training Classes (internal training & development
- $15/hr training wage with higher earning potential once training is complete
- Earning Potential of $14 - $27/hr with tips included
- Free Mental Health Resources
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Employee Assistance Programs)
- 401K plan with a company match so you can start saving for retirement
- Gym Membership Discounts at Ochsner Fitness Centers
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Meals
- Employee Discount
- We are closed on Mardi Gras Day and Christmas Day
We foster an environment of growth, mentorship, and warmth at Commander's Palace.
All applicants must embrace and contribute to our company culture.
To participate in a service team that provides a superior experience to our guests by assisting
the captain to serve the guest.
To positively impact the process of making customers, by performing the following duties in a
timely, efficient, friendly, and productive manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive on time for work and assist in dining room set-up. Prepare station and perform assigned side duties in a timely manner to be ready for service.
- Detail station before service to ensure all service wares are polished and presentable.
- Participate in gang seating and provide initial customer contact.
- Assist captain with initial drink order and provide refills as needed.
- Assist captain in providing guest name recognition
- Provide water and garlic bread service, for the first three tables.
- Provide support to the captain in handing out menus, providing brief explanations of menu organization, and description of specials.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of menus, wine lists and food preparation to be able to assist customers with their selections. Utilize special 86 boards every shift to keep knowledge updated.
- Support the captain by taking customer orders and entering them into the POS system as necessary.
- Participate in gang service.
- Assist team members in clearing plates at the conclusion of
- each course utilizes the gang bussing technique.
- Replace water according to our service standards.
- Provide guests with coffee/ tea service
- Communicate frequently and consistently with other members of the team and other employees during service.
- Practice teamwork when interacting with all departments in the restaurant.
- Understand and demonstrate the concept of making customers.
- Have an awareness of customer problems and potential problems. Ensure that customers do not leave the restaurant unhappy.
- Assist the captain in processing credit cards and closing guest checks.
- Assist the back server in resetting tables within 3 minutes.
- Perform all closing side duties, leaving the station clean and set up for the next shift.
- Perform proper wine service.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the manager.
You can always apply in person in business attire Monday - Friday between 2 pm-4 pm or
email careers @commanderspalace.com with your resume. Check out our website www.commanderspalace.com for all open positions and career fair dates.
We look forward to meeting you!
*$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR FULL-TIME SERVERS AND $500 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR PART-TIME SERVERS!