Great career opportunity for a Payroll & Benefits professional to join a renowned culinary group and become an integral member of the Commander’s Family of Restaurants, Inc. team. This challenging, rewarding opportunity offers competitive pay and benefits with an opportunity for growth. This position reports to the Controller and Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for the timely reporting and administration of all payroll and benefits matters including assistance with human resources administration and financial accounting. Through problem solving and critical thinking, you will be responsible for administration of and accounting for employees’ benefits & payroll administration as well as other duties.
- Responsible for all aspects of payroll processing, payroll compliance, administration of benefit plans (including group health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k, vacation and other) and related matters.
- Processing of bi-weekly in-house payroll for salaried employees; Review and assist Restaurant Payroll Coordinators with the hourly bi-weekly payroll.
- Monitor compliance with tip policy and wage/hour laws
- Annual reporting including W-2’s, W-3’s, 1099’s, Tip Credit Reports, ACA, EEO and other.
- Maintenance of time clock and attendance system.
- Processing payments and reporting of 401K benefit plan.
- Administration of 401k plan including assistance with annual audit, preparation of 5500 and review of data for annual ADP/ACP testing
- Assist CFO negotiating contract renewals for benefits
- Conduct annual company open enrollment for insurances benefits
- Reporting and coordination of Workers Compensation and unemployment claims.
- Preparation of payroll journal entries and review of bank account and General Ledger reconciliations of benefits
- Interaction with employees regarding payroll, benefits and HR matters
- Review all deductions including garnishments, benefits, etc. and manage employee changes
- Preparation of reconciliations of payroll and benefits accounts
- Miscellaneous other matters as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of payroll/benefits experience in a supervisory role or sufficient to handle the above-referenced responsibilities. (FPC & CP Certification Preferred but not required.)
· Extensive knowledge of applicable federal, state and local wage and hour laws including FLSA, FMLA, EEO and other labor related regulations.
- Accounting/Business Degree preferred.
- Experience with Time Keeping and Point of Sales Systems.
- Strong organizational skills needed; position requires meeting many deadlines and compliance with recordkeeper and retention policies.
- Self-motivated and experienced problem solver
- Must be fluent in MS Excel, Word, Office
- Be an excellent teammate and work with limited supervision.
- Organize daily work, prioritize work time and effectively manage deadlines.
- Create a professional, positive atmosphere for employees and effectively and promptly communicate with employees and different levels of management within the company.