We are currently hiring for an experienced and driven full-time Assistant Manager (AM) to help lead our flagship Slim chickens restaurant in Ankeny. Whether through customer service or operational duties, this position is vital to the overall operational success of this location.
Slim Chickens is a leading national brand in the fast-growing emerging 'better chicken' fast-casual segment. This is a great opportunity for starting and growing a career in the restaurant field.
We are looking for someone who is hungry to make things better, who is humbly confident, and who is smart with people. This full-time position works 40/hours per week, including evenings and weekends, and may earn $18.00-$20.00 per hour plus a monthly bonus.
In addition to great pay and our exceptional service-oriented culture, we offer our Assistant managers the following benefits* and perks:
- Generous monthly bonus opportunity, with an easy-to-understand bonus plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Free uniforms
- Free meals while on shift
- Paid time off
- Numerous opportunities for training and advancement
*Benefits are subject to applicable waiting periods, which vary by benefit
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY AS OUR ASSISTANT MANAGER
As our Assistant Manager (AM), you impact all daily operations, and your skills are critical to the success of your restaurant and team. We are looking for AMs who:
Maintain a culture of respect and professionalism
Provide exceptional customer service
Run superb restaurant operations
- You run shifts and supervise team members on all job stations
- You serve our guests quality food according to brand standards
- You keep the restaurant clean and organized
- You manage labor and food cost within provided budget guidelines
Assist the restaurant General Manager and Assistant General Manager in developing a team
- You coach and develop team members on your shifts
- You train new hires on job stations
- You teach your team how to take great care of our guests
Manage administrative duties successfully
- You complete daily labor and payroll paperwork
- You complete daily operational paperwork and processes
- Inventory and supply ordering
Does this sound like you? Are you excited to join a growing company and a great team? Apply today! We hope to meet you soon!
OUR IDEAL RESTAURANT ASSISTANT MANAGER
Our ideal AM will align with our core values, which are modeled from the book The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni:
- Service Above Self - Placing the interest of others above our own. Serving and adding value to others without expecting anything in return.
- Humbly Confident - Open, honest and real. A perfect blend of humility and confidence. Ready to make a positive difference.
- Hungry to Make It Better - A commitment to doing everything well and going above and beyond when it is required.
- People Smart - Saying and doing what will have a positive impact on those around us. Recognize that our words and actions do matter.
- Do the Right Thing - It is always the right time to do the right thing. Acting with integrity in everything we do.
Additionally, you will be:
- Respectful - you are kind, positive, and helpful
- Career-minded - you are looking for more than a job
- Self-motivated - you see what needs to be done and do it
- Team player - you get along well with others and have a true understanding of teamwork
- Take pride in your work - you have a real desire to do quality work and ensure customer satisfaction
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment - you thrive while multitasking and being busy
Does this sound like you? If so, you may be the restaurant AM for us. Keep reading!
REQUIREMENTS FOR AN ASSISTANT MANAGER
- 12 months or more years' fast casual restaurant experience, including at least 3 months of management experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Leadership experience
- Excellent customer service
- Proven track-record of developing a team
Do you have the passion and desire to do what it takes to lead a remarkable team and help grow a remarkable company? Are you punctual and reliable? Do you have exceptional communication and coaching skills? If you are excited about this management opportunity and meet these requirements, don't delay. Apply today for this fast-casual Assistant Manager position.