Be a part of one of the 25 fastest growing fast casuals, Slim Chickens!
Slim Chickens is a leading national brand in the fast-growing emerging 'better chicken' fast-casual segment. This is a great opportunity for starting and growing a career in the restaurant field.
We are looking for someone who is hungry to make things better, who is humbly confident, and who is smart with people. This full-time position works 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends, and may earn $17.50 - $19.50 per hour.
This position will train at our existing restaurant location in Ankeny until our restaurant opens in Grimes in mid-April.
In addition to great pay and our exceptional service-oriented culture, we offer our Shift Leaders the following benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Free uniforms
- Free meals while on shift
- Numerous opportunities for training and advancement
*Benefits are subject to applicable waiting periods, which vary by benefit
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY AS OUR SHIFT LEADER
As our Shift Leader (SL), you impact all daily operations, and your skills are critical to the success of your restaurant and team. We are looking for SLs who:
- Maintain a culture of respect and professionalism
- Provide exceptional customer service
Run shifts with operational excellence
- You run shifts and supervise team members on all job stations
- You serve our guests quality food according to brand standards
- You keep the restaurant clean and organized
- You manage labor and food cost within provided budget guidelines
Assist the restaurant General Manager in developing a team
- You coach and develop team members on your shifts
- You are proficient on all job stations and can train new hires on those stations
- You teach your team how to take great care of our guests
Manage administrative duties successfully
- You complete daily labor and payroll paperwork
- You complete daily operational paperwork and processes
So, now that you've learned the who, what, where, and why of this management position, you may be wondering HOW? It's easy! Just fill out our initial online application. We hope to meet you soon!
OUR IDEAL RESTAURANT SHIFT LEADER
Our ideal SL will align with our core values, which are modeled from the book The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni:
- Service Above Self - Placing the interest of others above our own. Serving and adding value to others without expecting anything in return.
- Humbly Confident - Open, honest and real. A perfect blend of humility and confidence. Ready to make a positive difference.
- Hungry to Make It Better - A commitment to doing everything well and going above and beyond when it is required.
- People Smart - Saying and doing what will have a positive impact on those around us. Recognize that our words and actions do matter.
- Do the Right Thing - It is always the right time to do the right thing. Acting with integrity in everything we do.
Additionally, you will be:
- Respectful-you are kind, positive, and helpful
- Career-minded-you are looking for more than a job
- Self-motivated-you see what needs to be done and do it
- Team player-you get along well with others and have a true understanding of teamwork
- Take pride in your work-you have a real desire to do quality work and ensure customer satisfaction
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment-you thrive while multi-tasking and being busy
Does this sound like you? If so, you may be the restaurant Shift Leader for us. Keep reading!
REQUIREMENTS FOR A RESTAURANT SHIFT LEADER
- 6 months or more fast casual restaurant experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Leadership experience
- Excellent customer service
Do you have the passion and desire to do what it takes to lead a remarkable team and help grow a remarkable company? Are you punctual and reliable? Do you have exceptional communication and coaching skills? If you are excited about this management opportunity and meet these requirements, don't delay. Apply today for this fast-casual Shift Leader position!
Edotto Slims 1 participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws can be found at the E-Verify site.