If you truly want to elevate yourself, we have an amazing opportunity with a great, High End Restaurant Company!
The Jeff Ruby Experience is about excellence. It is captured in the quality of the food, the energy and elegance of the atmosphere, the impeccability of service and the overall dining experience. Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouses are well-known for award-winning U.S.D.A. Prime Steaks, Seafood & Sushi, premium Wine and Cocktail lists, and Impeccable Service. Collectively, these are the elements of The Jeff Ruby Experience, making it an incomparable total dining experience unlike any other.
In Jeff Ruby’s words, “our restaurant employees are our most important asset”. As such, we provide phenomenal benefits available to all of our restaurant employees including:
- 100% Company Paid Health and Life Insurance Plans.*
- Paid Time Off.
- Immediate enrollment into a 401(k) savings plan with company match after 1 year.
- Group Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, FSA, and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Flexible Schedules.
- Long Term Career Growth Opportunities.
- Company Paid Health Plan and Life Insurance Plans available for full-time (25hrs per week) restaurant employees.
Position Description: Restaurant Line Cook
Line Cook is responsible for properly preparing any and all foods listed on the menu that are grilled, fried, broiled or prepared in the pantry; ensures that all plates served are aesthetically appealing and cooked to the specifications of the customer in the restaurant.
Work Performed: Restaurant Line Cook
- Meet with Chefs to review restaurant assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance regarding cooking.
- Complete opening duties such as setting up work station with required tools, equipment and supplies; inspecting the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies; checking production schedule and pars; establishing priority items for the day and informing the Sous Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the days tasks
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area
- Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service
- Transport supplies from the storeroom and stock in designated areas
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day
- Continue prep work during/after the meal period for the next meal service
- Assist Master Cook/line staff as needed in execution of service
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables
- Breakdown workstation and complete closing duties as assigned
- Work as a team, assisting all guests and employees needs and inquiries
- Effectively communicate with management, chefs and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees
- Ability to stand and walk during 6 to 8 hour shifts.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and wipe.
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment and place items on high and low shelves in storerooms and freezers.
- Ability to work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of heat and noise.