Pastry Assistant: Jeff Ruby's
If you truly want to elevate yourself, we have
an amazing opportunity with a great, High End Restaurant Company!
In Jeff Ruby’s words, “Our restaurant
employees are our most important asset”.
As such, we provide phenomenal
benefits available to all of our restaurant employees including:
- 100% Company Paid Health and Life Insurance Plans.
- Paid Time Off.
- Immediate enrollment into a 401(k) savings plan with company match after 1 year.
- Group Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, FSA, and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Flexible Schedules.
- Long Term Career Growth Opportunities.
- Company Paid Health Plan and Life Insurance Plans available for full-time (25hrs per week) employees.
Responsible for properly preparing various types of Pastries & Desserts and
ensure that all presentations are aesthetically appealing and adhere to the
company standard of quality.
- Meet with Pastry Chef, Sous Chef/Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Complete opening duties set up work station with required mise-en-place, tools, equipment and supplies, inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies, check production schedule and pars, establish priority items for the day, inform the Pastry Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the days tasks and transport supplies from the Storeroom and stock in designated areas
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area
- Assist other Cooks wherever required to ensure optimum service to guests
- Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day and direct Line Cooks on it throughout the shift
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties return all food items to the proper storage area
- Rotate all returned product, wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away, straighten up and organize all storage areas, clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, shelves, return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations, ice down hot items from the steam table, so they cool quickly, turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift and restock items that were depleted during the shift
- Apply advanced knife skills required for service
- Maintain an exceptional menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation
- Prepare both hot and cold items and demonstrate a variety of cooking techniques
- Maintain solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques
- Read, measure, and execute recipes
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
- Ability to stand and walk during 6 to 8 hour shifts.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and wipe.
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 60 pounds and place items on high and low shelves in storerooms and freezers.
- Ability to work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of heat and noise.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment Position Description:
- Responsible for properly preparing various types of Pastries & Desserts and ensure that all presentations are aesthetically appealing and adhere to the Company standard of quality.
- Polite and friendly
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.