The Bakery + Commissary Manager and Pastry Chef performs all duties associated with managing and overseeing commissary operations for M&A Brand’s current and future legal entities, including production, recipe development, sourcing, cost-control, and building a strong bakery team and culture that puts our food first to provide our guests with the best experience.
- Follow and set a standard of our company values being Positive, Passionate, Proactive and Precise!
- Work directly as part of the management team to bring exceptional and differentiated craft casual concepts and bakery products to the Boston area and beyond
- Establish production schedule and production log, and manage team daily adherence to schedule
- Maintain and oversee all commissary and bakery products for optimal quality, consistency, and efficiency throughout the organization
- Manage the sourcing of all bakery and commissary inputs, with the goal of utilizing a diverse mix of vendors and products that are high-quality, locally sourced, seasonal, artisanal or otherwise unique
- Develop relationships with vendors
- Establish a team culture that prioritizes quality and consistency at the commissary/chef level in collaboration with the management team, and also encourage a bottom-up approach where store team members (and guests!) are encouraged to provide ideas and feedback
- Create and manage systems to maximize the efficiency of all operations, including supply chain management, training of team members, product/recipe/concept development, costing, finance, food safety and team building/training.
- Collaborate with management team on designing and/or optimizing all kitchen, storage, and work spaces across all projects
- Work closely with store team members and management to optimize quality and cost control via training and systems implementation
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years restaurant experience, with bakery or commissary kitchen management experience required.
- Pastry and bread baking experience: 3 years (Required)
- Strong understanding the operations of a fast-paced commissary kitchen environment, food and labor cost analysis, budgeting, inventory control, system implementation and compliance.
- Excellent supervisory skills including communication, organization, interviewing and training skills, strong leadership skills, and recruitment.
- Takes initiative in solving operational personnel problems quickly
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage all public dealings
- Ability to recognize problems and problem solve
- Ability to measure performance, objectively and subjectively
- May be required to lift, carry, push or pull heavy objects up to fifty pounds; kneel, bend or stoop, ascend or descend stairs; reach and grasp objects