Join a talented and fun team at a new commissary kitchen and bakery in Newton!
We are seeking a baker with at least two years of pastry experience that has a passion for all things bread! In addition to a passion for food, the applicant will demonstrate an inquisitive mind and a keen eye for quality. You will be responsible for mixing bread dough, preparing food items, scaling and shaping bread, and baking and cooking while ensuring the end result is in line with Flourhouse standards. The position is full time with paid time off. Hourly rate depends on experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Follow the Values of our Company being Positive, Proactive and Precise!
- Oversee, assist and execute the operations of full bakery on a daily basis
- Understand all ordering and when orders are to be done
- Perform successfully all ordering from proper vendors
- Maintain inventory levels as to not run out of products
- Manage production schedule
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 60 lbs
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication
- Constant talking, expressing, or exchanging ideas
- Report to Culinary Director and Director of Operations
- Responsible for both retail and wholesale product lines along with providing support to the food service operations including commissary and ghost kitchens
- Execute production schedule with the help of the commissary team
- Inspect equipment and storage facilities throughout a shift to ensure that equipment is in proper working order
- Perform administrative duties as needed such as food orders
- Communicate changes of food preparations formulas, standards, etc. to staff
- Review P&Ls and other financial
- Ensure all local and national health and food safety codes are maintained and company safety and security policy are followed. This is to make sure all health codes are up to date if health walks in unannounced
- Any and all duties necessary to progress the operation and goals of the business including troubleshooting and problem solving, and including and not limited to those assigned by the management team or owners
- Accept responsibility along with the management team of any major incidence to operating the Bakery in a manner that allows Innovative Bakery Concepts, LLC to adhere to opening hours and the satisfaction of our customers
- Continuously follow the values of our Company being Positive, Proactive & Precise