At Ashley Mac’s, we are guided by our 5 core values that help us cultivate an environment and culture where our team members can develop and flourish. We call this MACS+
M - Model a Servant's Heart
A - Act with Grace
C - Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
S - Strive for Excellence
+ - Go the Extra Mile
In a world full of fast casual options, Ashley Mac’s is seeking to be different and better. We want to be different for our customers and different for our employees. When you work at Ashley Mac’s, it will be more than a job -- it will be a place that prioritizes your growth and development while having a ton of fun. We're proud of the food we serve, our innovation and our team. Our goal is to bring a quality experience to Birmingham, and we can't do that without great people like you.
Day to Day Requirements:
The Cafe General Manager assists in all facets of the employment cycle, beginning with recruiting/interviewing, talent management, and termination as necessary.
- Conducts interviews for cafe positions, partnering with company Leadership, as needed.
- Implements and oversees training programs.
- Constantly evaluates staff strengths and weaknesses, and ensures best fit within the company
- Assigns daily tasks, sets clear expectations, and follows up with praise or coaching as necessary
The Cafe General Manager ensures excellence in all Ashley Mac’s deliverables: food, service, and overall customer experience
- Leads team in delivering an excellent customer service experience to each and every guest; models a “customer first” attitude in all interactions
- Trains staff on service and product standards, and holds them accountable to ensure they are met
- Ensures best practices are followed for product rotation and freshness, in order to deliver the freshest product and minimize waste
- Plays key role in inventory management between stores, verifying that needs/orders are accurately packed and transported
- Manages waste and adjusts par levels as necessary
- Ensures health code standards are met in all areas of the cafe
The Cafe General Manager communicates pertinent information to staff as necessary, and partners with the Executive Team to provide two-way communication channels to resolve issues and drive excellence.
- Utilizes line-ups to praise staff, communicate daily goals, and deliver/solicit feedback as necessary
- Uses financial reporting, sales analysis, and observations to drive profitable sales by managing operating costs (food, supplies, payroll)
- Performs administrative tasks (schedules, temperature logs, etc.) to support the staff
- Communicates with leadership at other stores to maintain inventory levels
- Records daily receipts and waste adjustments into inventory software
The General Manager is the chief owner of all maintenance issues and inventory, and responsible for ensuring accurate inventory levels and an Ashley Mac’s brand facility.
- Ensures that all equipment is in working order, and facilitates repairs as necessary (temperature logs, equipment logs, etc.)
- Follows up on all maintenance issues to ensure facilities are in excellent condition
- Maintains inventory on key products and supplies
What else is in it for you? A lot! Competitive pay, Sundays off, closed all major holidays, team member discounts, free meal each shift, incentive contests, no late nights, insurance options and more.