What are we all about?
CleanTurn revitalizes commercial spaces by providing professional cleaning and disinfecting services. Through these services, we are changing perceptions and shattering the myth that a person’s past dictates their future.
Our team is extremely diverse, exciting, motivating and committed to excellence. We are intentional on providing a supportive culture sensitive to the myriad of challenges associated with the impact of generational poverty, incarceration, addiction, domestic violence, homelessness, human trafficking and other traumatic experiences.
If you are interested in a culture pursuing a healthy mixture of business and supportive employment for men and women with significant obstacles to moving forward professionally, then you want to join this ever-evolving, learning and growing team!
Summary/Objective of this Role:
The Operations Manager has the responsibility of managing all areas of daily operations in order to provide professional services to our clients and promote the success of our team members.
The primary functions of this role are:
● Primary responsibility for planning, leading and managing daily shift operations, utilizing available management and supervisory staff to provide 7-day in-person shift management and support. Follows and maintains the Ops Manager Rhythms.
● Reviews and reports progress on established productivity, quality and safety metrics. Helps identify, discuss and solve issues to ensure targets are met.
● Leads Huddle/Shuttle to promote a safe, positive work environment and clear communication of feedback, safety and skill reminders. Follows and maintains the SOP Huddle Shuttle
● Leads New Customer Onboarding in accordance with the Operations Process Map, including walk-throughs, checklist preparation, supply and equipment ordering and team training as required
● Supports field staff with Coaching Visits and monitors customer expectations with Customer Check-Ins, and reports the results to the Director of Operations weekly.
● Assists on site as needed due to call-offs, special requests, complaints, etc. to ensure that commitments to customers are fulfilled with excellence.
Schedule, Work Orders
● Assures that clipboards are prepared with daily work orders, time sheets, checklists
and site keys.
● Schedules team assignments, sites and tasks to satisfy daily contractual
● Manages staff assignments to develop and maintain stable, effective, and well led teams.
● Resolves issues and schedule changes that arise during the shift to assure customer satisfaction and team wellbeing.
● Maintains clear and accurate site-specific Checklists that reflect the contracted Scope of Work.
Staff Development & Discipline
● Conducts new Team Lead and Assistant Team Lead training and supports QA Supervisor training to make sure training plans are completed and documented.
● Identifies and documents additional training and coaching required to assure that QA
Supervisors, Team Leads, Assistant Team Leads, Porters and Staff are well-equipped for success in their roles.
● Supports The CleanTurn Way (TCW) Product and QA Manager and the Director of Staff
Development in the training and development of all CleanTurn employees.
● Looks for and takes advantage of coaching opportunities that maintain accountability and alignment with CleanTurn’s Mission, Vision, Core Values, and Policies to preserve our unique
and supportive culture as a second-chance employer. Documents conversations with Commitment to Correct (C2C) write-ups that are clear about expectations and areas for
● Serves as the primary customer contact for all operational issues including feedback, quality and scheduling. Refers sales, pricing and contract issues to Business Development Manager.
● Communicates with customers in a professional and timely manner that demonstrates that we care about them and their space.
● Becomes the subject matter expert regarding the details, expectations, and scope of
work for each customer site, and sees that all are clearly communicated on the site-specific Checklist.
● Utilizes the Customer Quality Issues Log to ensure that all customer issues are resolved in a timely manner, with appropriate site inspections and customer followup to assure satisfaction.
● Works with the Business Development Manager to create clear expectations when responding to customer requests for services. \
Lead, Manage, Accountability
● Member of the Operations Team, participates fully in weekly Ops Team meetings, reporting to the Director of Operations.
● Leads by example in integrity, emotional intelligence, professionalism, customer service, and care.
● Leads the shift Operations Team to ensure overall excellence in quality control, customer satisfaction and staff morale.
● Follows and maintains Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other documentation pertaining to shift operations.
● Manages & coaches staff to create a healthy, high-accountability, positive culture.
● Identifies, interviews and trains staff for advancement.
● Leads regular Team Lead meetings in order to monitor results, provide ongoing training and identify, discuss and solve issues.
● Schedules and conducts performance reviews for all direct reports per company guidelines.
● Maintains confidentiality of management information, including, but not limited to, the content of meetings and individual coaching with field staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
● Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities and
high customer demand
● Insightful, articulate and able to relate to people at all levels of the organization
● Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to lead, manage, and hold reporting staff accountable
● Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor
● Excellent internal and external customer service skills
● Addresses quality and behavior issues in a way that motivates the team towards success
● Proficient with technology tools including smart phones and laptops with software
applications including Slack, Microsoft Office and Google (docs, Gmail, calendar) and other industry-specific applications.
● Strong attention to detail
● Excellent organizational skills
● Ability to travel to surrounding areas with own transportation as required
● Knowledge of proper use of cleaning equipment, materials, and supplies
● Ability to work full time, five days a week during the night shift with some flexibility; including weekends as needed.
1. Passion for CleanTurn’s Mission, Vision & Core Values
2. Strong communication and customer service skills
3. Establishes appropriate priorities with insight and discernment
4. Focused on achieving established goals, objectives and standards.
5. Driven to work at a high standard of excellence
6. Hands-On approach, willing to pitch in and help where needed.
7. Flexibility to adapt and adjust to change
8. Servant leadership that supports and encourages the success of others
9. Valid driver's license and insurable on CleanTurn policy