JOB SUMMARY: To ensure restaurant profitability through the effective management of staff and restaurant operations.
- Delivers revenues and profits by developing, marketing, financing, and providing appealing restaurant service; managing staff.
- Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Attracts patrons by developing and implementing marketing, public, and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Controls purchases and inventory by reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Maintains operations by following policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
- Accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining management staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Energetic and customer service oriented to provide prompt, friendly and courteous service to all customers. This position requires reading skills and math skills to ensure accurate and efficient sales transactions. Organizational skills are required during peak times to accomplish multiple tasks under high pressure and to ensure each customer is completely satisfied.
HUMAN RELATIONS: This position is in continuous interaction with customers and coworkers; therefore, must demonstrate a friendly, cooperative, and professional attitude at all times.
SUPERVISION: Able to work with limited supervision. The nature of the position is such that it is performed to a large extent on their own responsibility after assignment, with some choice of method.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The ability to handle stressful situations regarding customer satisfaction and the ability to work for extended hours on one’s feet is necessary. Some lifting and bending is required.