This role is responsible to lead the day to day activities of the center store operations in a retail store, ensuring the center store, stocking, clean team, etc. areas are fully staffed, trained and operating to company standards. Responsible for the financial aspects of the center store operations of the store.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Responsible to order and maintain inventory in the center store departments (i.e., grocery, dairy, frozen) while utilizing inventory control procedures to ensure product freshness and quality.
- Review and validate received orders for amount, quality, count or weight, condition and ensure all product is stored in appropriate areas.
- Manage a team that completes all center store stocking, to ensure product quality protection, accuracy, and date sensitive rotation, ensure all spoiled/damaged products are handled per established guidelines.
- Maintain familiarity with all products carried in the department.
- Know the ad items, special prices, coupon deals or other features that apply to the store's sales program.
- Implements and maintain work schedules, labor control and payroll expense control programs for the department.
- Responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates, and developing and monitoring department goals. Develop and monitor department budget as required.
- Make recommendations to improve current programs and processes.
- Maintain a clean, attractive and well stocked department.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- High School Graduate (Required) or Equivalent (GED).
- Two years of retail experience preferred.
- One-year supervisory experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication, and bookkeeping skills.
- Good organization, prioritization, decision-making, problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Strong leadership abilities with capability to work in a hands-on environment.
- Good strategic planning and business acumen skills.
- Good knowledge of retail store operations; knowledge of retail management systems.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Travel requirements vary by assignment.