What are we all about?
CleanTurn revitalizes commercial spaces by providing professional cleaning services. By providing professional cleaning services, we are changing perceptions and shattering the myth that a person’s past dictates their future.
Our team is extremely diverse, exciting, motivating and committed to excellence. We are intentional on providing a supportive culture sensitive to the myriad of challenges associated with the impact of generational poverty, incarceration, addiction, domestic violence, homelessness, human trafficking and other traumatic experiences.
If you are interested in a culture pursuing a healthy mixture of business and social work then you want to join this ever evolving, learning and growing team!
Summary/Objective of this particular role:
As the Director of Finance & Administration, you will be responsible for managing company finances, cash flow, risk, and reporting to achieve our overall business and mission goals.
The primary functions of this role are:
Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Forecasting
• Prepare monthly income statement and balance sheet and present to Executive Team, including budget to actual comparisons, per department / location
• Prepare year-end reporting, including Social ROI report. Package and polish reports to be presented to current and future investors
• Calculate 5 Year Pro Forma
• Bring additional detail to the current reports and identify trends to improve margins
• Create budgeting and forecasting models based upon company goals, for current and future locations
• Create and sustain precision margin tracking per contract per location
• Create incentive programs tie to training, saving / financial literacy program, 401(k), etc.
Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Cash Flow
• AR: within QuickBooks, collaborate with Sales and Operations to manage monthly invoicing process, keep invoices up to date with contract pricing, pursue unpaid accounts
• AP: within QuickBooks, track all CleanTurn purchasing against budget, reconcile all transactions against CleanTurn bank accounts / credit card statements, keep CleanTurn current with all vendors
• Payroll: Process bi-weekly payroll, manual checks, payroll corrections, etc. Enter payroll into accounting books for accurate financial statements. Compare budget to actual and immediately alert Executive Team to potential issues.
• Cash Flow: manage bank accounts, credit cards, loans, grants, etc. to maximize the company’s benefit
Insurance, Taxes, Work with External CPA
• Manage risk by researching and presenting best options based on company priorities for liability insurance, workers’ compensation, health insurance, etc.
• Research and present retirement plans, voluntary benefit plans, etc.
• Pay monthly sales tax and income taxes while managing cash flow accordingly
• Work with external CPA on year-end reconciliation, Work Opportunity Tax Credits, and reporting procedures
• Develop and implement internal audit process
• Annual company valuation
Anticipate Growth Expansion
• Develop replicable financial models for sustainability and growth
• Define and implement financial strategies, structures, and processes
• Develop and document standard operating procedures for finance department
• Navigate expansion plans that involving franchising, raising capital, new loans, etc.
• Create budgets and forecasts for future CleanTurn branches / locations
• Work with the CleanTurn Executive Team to fulfill the overall vision and growth of CleanTurn
• Assist with future CleanTurn Foundation / philanthropy
Lead, Manage, Accountability
• Provide strategic leadership and management oversite alongside the Executive Team to accomplish the company goals
• Lead finance / facilities / IT teams
• Build finance team and train new employees as growth occurs
• Carry out director’s responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies, customers’ rules and regulations and applicable laws when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
• Experience managing finances in small to mid-size businesses
• Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities and high customer demand
• Ability to lead, manage and hold staff and reporting managers accountable.
• Insightful, articulate and can relate to people at all levels of the organization
• Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
• Excellent internal and external customer service skills
• QuickBooks software / Payroll software skills
• Microsoft Office skills, i.e. Excel, Word plus Gmail, Google docs, Google calendar.
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to travel to surrounding areas with own transportation
• Experience related to our mission
1. Valid driver's license
3. Strong communication and customer service skills
4. Must be able to prioritize with discernment on what is important and what can wait
5. Focuses on the achievement of objectives and standards.
6. Strives to improve or meet a standard of excellence
7. Passion for the mission