Night Assistant Manager
Summary/Objective of this Role: The Assistant Shift Manager has the responsibility of assisting the Shift Manager in all areas, in order to provide professional services to our customers and ensure the success of our team members.
The primary functions of this role are:
• Works closely with the Shift Manager on tracking the effectiveness of overall operations by reviewing progress on annual goals and weekly “hourly rate” metrics and problem solving as need to ensure goals are met.
• Assists the Shift Manager in overseeing the day-to- day operations of cleaning contracts.
• Attends new site walk throughs and makes sure that new contracts are on-boarded with professionalism, clear communication, and a plan to complete the agreed upon scope of work.
• Assists in the field with crews on an as needed basis so as to ensure our commitments to customers are fulfilled at a high quality.
• Acts as the point of contact for customers and staff when Shift Manager is not available.
• Assist QC Supervisor with inventory and supply management as needed.
Assists with Scheduling, Work Orders
• Prepares daily work orders and site keys.
• Assists with coordinating scheduling, team assignments and tasks, ensuring customer expectations are exceeded.
• Works closely with the Shift Manager and QC Supervisor throughout the shift regarding issues or changes to the schedule to ensure customer satisfaction and team success.
• Assists in managing and updating site checklists to ensure accuracy and customer satisfaction.
• Works closely with the Shift Manager & QC Supervisor to identify and define problems, resolve issues, and make appropriate recommendations to exceed customer expectations.
• Work with Shift Manager and QC Supervisor to ensure that customer complaints are resolved in the field in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Assists with site checks at the established frequency for each site, using the QC checklist and rating scale as needed.
• Assists in the management of new Team Lead and QC Supervisor training to make sure training plans and checklist are completed.
• Identifies and tracks new and ongoing training needed to ensure Team Leads and Supervisors are properly supported and prepared for their roles.
• Assists with job training for field staff, Team Leads and QC Supervisors. Identifies consistent issues and trains accordingly.
Lead, Manage, Accountability
• Assists in leading the team by example in integrity, emotional intelligence, professionalism, customer service, and care.
• Assists in identifying, training and interviewing potential Team Leads and potential QC Supervisors.
• Assists Shift Manager in conducting performance reviews for all Team Members, Team Leads and QC Supervisors per company guidelines.
• Assists Shift Manager with managing & coaching staff concerns and issues in order to create a healthy, high-accountability, positive culture for all teams, holding team members accountable to CT policies, expectations and core values.
• Participates actively in all meetings, providing insight, encouragement and reminders.
• Keeps management-level information confidential, including, but not limited to, the content of individual coaching/C2C meetings with field staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
• Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities and high customer demand
• Insightful, articulate and can relate to people at all levels of the organization
• Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lead, manage, and hold reporting staff accountable
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
• Excellent internal and external customer service skills
• Ability to address quality control issues in a way that motivates the team towards success
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word), Gmail, Google docs, Google calendar
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to travel to surrounding areas with own transportation if needed
• Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies
• Ability to work five days a week at night shift with some flexibility; and limited weekend hours as needed
1. Passion for the mission
2. Strong communication and customer service skills
3. Must be able to prioritize with discernment on what is important and what can wait
4. Focuses on the achievement of objectives and standards.
5. Strives to improve or meet a standard of excellence
6. Valid driver's license