What are we all about?
CleanTurn revitalizes commercial spaces by providing professional cleaning and disinfecting services. Through these services, we are changing perceptions and shattering the myth that a person’s past dictates their future.
Our team is extremely diverse, exciting, motivating and committed to excellence. We are intentional on providing a supportive culture sensitive to the myriad of challenges associated with the impact of generational poverty, incarceration, addiction, domestic violence, homelessness, human trafficking and other traumatic experiences.
If you are interested in a culture pursuing a healthy mixture of business and supportive employment for men and women with significant obstacles to moving forward professionally, then you want to join this ever-evolving, learning and growing team!
Summary/Objective of this particular role:
As the Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for managing company finances, cash flow, risk, and reporting to achieve our overall business and mission goals.
The primary functions of this role are:
Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Forecasting
• Prepare monthly income statement and balance sheet and present to Executive Team, including budget to actual comparisons, per department / location
• Prepare year-end reporting, including Social ROI report. Package and polish reports to be presented to current and future investors
• Calculate 5 Year Pro Forma
• Bring additional detail to the current reports and identify trends to improve margins
• Create budgeting and forecasting models based upon company goals, for current and future locations
• Audit margin tracking per contract per location for accuracy
• Create incentive programs tie to training, saving / financial literacy program, 401(k), etc.
• Fixed asset management (tracking depreciation / etc.)
• Utilize QuickBooks for all accounting activities
Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Flow
• AR: collaborate with Sales and Operations to manage monthly invoicing process, keep invoices up to date with contract pricing, pursue unpaid accounts
• AP: track all CleanTurn purchasing against budget, reconcile all transactions against CleanTurn bank accounts / credit card statements, keep CleanTurn current with all vendors
• Cash Flow: manage bank accounts, credit cards, loans, grants, etc. to maximize the company’s benefit
Payroll and Employee Benefit Programs
• Payroll: Process bi-weekly payroll, manual checks, payroll corrections, etc. Enter payroll into accounting books for accurate financial statements. Compare budget to actual and immediately alert Executive Team to potential issues.
• Employee Benefit Programs: annually evaluate our programs such as health insurance benefits, 401(k) options, gym reimbursements, driver’s license reimbursements, match savings programs, etc. Also monitor all of these programs to make sure employee / employer contributions / matches are correct along with the respective payroll deductions.
Insurance, Taxes, Work with External CPA
• Manage risk by researching and presenting best options based on company priorities for liability insurance, workers’ compensation, health insurance, etc.
• Research and present retirement plans, voluntary benefit plans, etc.
• Pay monthly sales tax and income taxes while managing cash flow accordingly
• Work with external CPA on year-end reconciliation, Work Opportunity Tax Credits, and reporting procedures
• Develop and implement internal audit process
• Annual company valuation
Assist with Growth Expansion Goals
• Develop replicable financial models for sustainability and growth
• Define and implement financial strategies, structures, and processes
• Develop and document standard operating procedures for finance department
• Navigate expansion plans that possibly involve franchising, raising capital, new loans, etc.
• Create budgets and forecasts for future CleanTurn branches / locations
• Work with the CleanTurn Executive Team to fulfill the overall vision and growth of CleanTurn
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or similar field strongly preferred
• Experience managing finances in small to mid-size businesses
• Experience with QuickBooks software / Payroll software skills is preferred
• Analytical and problem-solving skills are a must
• Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities and high customer demand
• Strong attention to detail is required
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize workload
• Insightful, articulate and can relate to people at all levels of the organization
• Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent internal and external customer service skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Solid working knowledge of Gmail, Google docs, Google calendar.
• Ability to travel to surrounding areas with own transportation
• Experience related to our mission is a plus
1. Valid driver's license and insurable on CleanTurn’s policy
2. Self-motivated – ability to work independently
3. Flexible - ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities to meet business needs
4. Strong communication and customer service skills
5. Focuses on the achievement of objectives and standards.
6. Strives to improve or meet a standard of excellence
7. Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor
8. Passion for the mission