Cafe NOMA by Ralph Brennan, located at the New Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA), has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Executive Chef to oversee the culinary operation at Café NOMA and the events Cafe NOMA caters at NOMA. The Executive Chef is responsible for kitchen operations, creative menu concepting, banquet events, successful shift management, hiring, training, developing, retaining culinary talent, and maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for all employees.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Free Shift Meals + Employee Discount at all Ralph Brennan Restaurants
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Free Parking
- Make seasonal updates to the a la carte menu.
- Create and execute catering menus for events that take place on NOMA grounds.
- Work with our café managers and catering sales manager to deliver on all details of events.
- Seek out new techniques to improve food quality, consistency, and presentation.
- Ability to schedule, control inventory, and manage our terrific culinary team.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation practices.
- Ability to build a positive team and employee morale.
Ideal Candidates should be or have:
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive culinary experience as an Executive Chef, Executive Banquet Chef, Chef de Cuisine or Executive Sous Chef in well-rated kitchens
- Team player with solid leadership skills
- Creative knowledge to build specialty menus and support banquet events
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy the pace and energy of working at large-format events
- Have a passion for food, exceptional work ethic, and dedication
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.