- Do you love working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment?
- Have you always been the person that just gets stuff done?
- Are you a hardworking go-getter who's not afraid to get your hands dirty?
Yes?! Then YOU should join our team!
Want a super fast response? Apply directly here: https://www.workstream.us/j/pizzanatomy_inc_wooden_paddle-careers-lemont-event-banquet-captain/p-592fe616/apply?locale=en
WHY WORK HERE?:
Here are some of the perks!
- Loyalty bonus! Earn an additional $1 / hr for every hour worked in peak season, from May - October
- On-call bonus! Earn an additional $2 / hr for working any on-call shift
- Monthly gift card rewards for giving recognition to your coworkers (and for getting it, too!)
- $100 employee referral bonus, for every person you refer to work here
- Flexible scheduling; pick up events that work with your schedule
- A free family meal at every event
- A 50% employee discount on food before + after your shifts
- A 20% employee dine-in discount on food + drinks anytime you're not working, for you + your whole table
- We're growing fast + we prefer to promote from within! Hourly + salaried management positions are available.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?:
These are the results our Event Manager will be hired to accomplish:
- Exceptionally Cared For Guests
- Fully-Prepared Catering Teams
- Smoothly Executed Events
- Raving Reviews from Industry Partners
As an Event Manager, you'll be our on-site ambassador, managing the catering team and the flow of the entire event from beginning to end.
Watch how we cater a real event, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzsFExw8B_A
The base pay for this position is $24 - $32 / hr, depending on relevant experience, + tips at select events.
This position is PART-TIME and TEMPORARY. Our peak season is May - October, and events are typically Fridays, Saturdays, + Sundays. The event schedule is known well in advance, so you can pick up shifts on dates that work with your schedule!
Here are some of our must-haves:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have regular Saturday availability, at least 2 Saturdays / month
- 5+ years of experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in events
- 2+ years in a leadership role within the hospitality industry, preferably as Event Captain, Banquet Captain, or Lead Server
- Must have a valid driver's license + sole access to a personal vehicle
A BIT ABOUT US:
Wooden Paddle is hybrid restaurant + catering company. Our focus is communal, wood-fired comfort food + artsy cocktails. We bring our full kitchen (complete with wood-fired oven on wheels!) + custom cocktail bar to events all around Chicagoland. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but we take our food, drinks, and service extremely seriously.
And we're growing! We're moving our catering headquarters into its very own space in March 2022. We're also opening up a 2nd restaurant in February 2023, and an event venue in late 2024. Opportunities for growth are everywhere here!