- Are you a strong leader, with the natural ability to build and develop high-performing teams?
- Do you have a knack for tinkering with salt, fat, acid, and heat until a dish is just right?
- Are you a bit artsy, with the uncanny ability to design beautiful, Instagram-worthy plates?
- Are you comfortable managing costs + running a profitable kitchen?
- Are you the type of chef that takes your career seriously, but doesn't take yourself too seriously?
Yes?! Then YOU should join our team!
Want a super fast response? Apply directly, here:
WHY WORK HERE?:
Here are some of the perks!
- PPO medical, dental, + vision Insurance with 50% company contribution
- 401K retirement savings plan w/ 3% company match
- 2 weeks of paid time off + 5 sick days
- Back-to-back days off (typically Sunday + Monday)
- A generous, never-expires, $250 monthly food + drink allowance
- A free, $25 dining allowance every day you work
- A 50% employee discount on food before + after your shifts
- A 20% employee discount on food + drinks anytime you're not working, for you + your whole table
- Monthly gift card rewards for giving recognition to your team (+ for getting it, too!)
- Access to lots of company-paid business coaching + resources
- Access to an all-paid leadership book club; grow yourself personally + professionally
- As a company, we run on EOS; so we're a collaborative, strategic, and winning team (i.e. no more meetings that just waste your time - promise!)
- Quarterly, off-site meetings with the whole leadership team - to recenter, refocus, and set goals that actually matter
- An annual, 2-day retreat with the whole leadership team - a break from working in the business to work on it
- Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Easter, + your birthday off, automatically
- The opportunity to grow quickly with a forward-thinking company that regularly reinvests in itself and it's people
- The flexibility to optimize your own role - we'll teach you how to to get the things you don't like and aren't good at off your back, so you can focus on doing the things you do like and are good at
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?:
As our Executive Chef / Culinary Director, you'll be at the helm of all things culinary. You'll be responsible for building and developing our culinary team, creating super fun, fresh AF seasonal menus, and ensuring that our kitchens operate smoothly in all locations - at our commissary, our restaurants in Lemont and La Grange, and at our off-premise catering events.
These are the results our Executive Chef will be hired to accomplish:
- » Healthy + High-Performing Culinary Teams
- » Conversation-Sparking Food Menus
- » Efficient Everyday Kitchen Systems
- » Close-to-Ideal Food + Labor Cost
- » Opening Our New Restaurant in La Grange
The base salary range for this position is $90,000 - $110,000 depending on relevant experience, with quarterly bonus potential based on sales, profitability, and completion of special projects.
This position is full-time and salaried, with a semi-set schedule that allows for flexibility. Days off are scheduled back-to-back. Our Executive Chef / Culinary Director will work 5 days, and typically 50-55 hours, per week.
Here are some of our must-haves:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have open availability
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Chef, preferably high-volume or multi-unit
- A Bachelor's degree in the culinary arts or similar, strongly preferred
- The ability to regularly work 50+ hours per week
- Must have a valid driver's license + sole access to a personal vehicle
A BIT ABOUT US:
Wooden Paddle is hybrid restaurant and catering company. Our focus is communal, wood-fired comfort food and artsy cocktails. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but we take our food, drinks, and service extremely seriously.
And we're growing! We're opening up a 2nd restaurant in La Grange in early 2023, an event venue in early 2024, and a rooftop bar in mid 2024. Opportunities for growth are everywhere here!