- Do you love working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment?
- Have you always been the person that just gets stuff done?
- Are you a hardworking go-getter who's not afraid to get your hands dirty?
Yes?! Then YOU should join our team!
Want a super fast response? Apply directly here:
WHY WORK HERE?:
Here are some of the perks!
- Loyalty bonus! Earn an additional $1 / hr for every hour worked in peak season, from May - October
- On-call bonus! Earn an additional $2 / hr for working any on-call shift
- Experience-based raises - Earn a permanent $1 / hour raise for every 5 events worked
- Monthly gift card rewards for giving recognition to your coworkers (and for getting it, too!)
- $100 employee referral bonus, for every person you refer to work here
- Flexible scheduling; pick up events that work with your schedule!
- A free family meal at every event
- A 50% employee discount on food before + after your shifts
- A 20% employee dine-in discount on food + drinks anytime you're not working, for you + your whole table
- We're growing fast + we prefer to promote form within! Hourly + salaried management positions are available.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?:
These are the results our Event Head Chef will be hired to accomplish:
- Fully-Prepared Kitchen Team
- Perfectly Executed Food Menu
- On-Time Food Service
- Efficient On-Site Kitchen Setup + Breakdown
As Event Head Chef, you'll be the point person in the kitchen, responsible for managing the kitchen team, verifying that all of the food we serve is *chef's kiss*, and making sure that the kitchen operates smoothly from beginning to end!
Watch how we cater a real event, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzsFExw8B_A
The base pay for this position is $26 - $36 / hr, depending on relevant experience, + tips at select events.
This position is PART-TIME and TEMPORARY. Our peak season is May - October, and events are typically Fridays, Saturdays, + Sundays. The event schedule is known well in advance, so you can pick up shifts on dates that work with your schedule! Work as much, or as little, as you'd like!
Here are some of our must-haves:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have regular Saturday availability, at least 2 Saturdays / month
- 3+ years of professional kitchen experience, as a Line Cook or similar
- 1+ year in a leadership role in a professional kitchen, preferably as Sous Chef, Lead Line Cook, or similar
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be willing + able to drive company vehicles to events, including trailers, vans, + box trucks
A BIT ABOUT US:
Wooden Paddle is hybrid restaurant + catering company. Our focus is communal, wood-fired comfort food + artsy cocktails. We bring our full kitchen (complete with wood-fired oven on wheels!) + custom cocktail bar to events all around Chicagoland. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but we take our food, drinks, and service extremely seriously.
And we're growing! We're moving our catering headquarters into its very own space in March 2022. We're also opening up a 2nd restaurant in February 2023, and an event venue + rooftop bar in late 2024. Opportunities for growth are everywhere here!