- Do you have a natural knack for witty writing and storytelling?
- Are you a bit artsy, with an uncanny eye for producing beautiful and interesting content?
- Are you obsessed with measuring results, and making sure your marketing actually works?
- Are you a marketing junkie, always on the hunt to learn more about the latest trends?
- Are you a self-starting go-getter, comfortable working with little to no direction?
- Are you the type of person that takes your work seriously, but doesn't take yourself too seriously?
Yes?! Then YOU should join our team!
Want a super fast response? Apply directly, here:
WHY WORK HERE?:
Here are some of the perks!
- PPO medical, dental, + vision insurance with 50% company contribution
- 401K retirement savings plan w/ 3% company match
- 2 weeks of paid time off + 5 sick days
- A generous, never-expires, $250 monthly food + drink allowance
- A 50% employee discount on food when you're working
- A 20% employee discount on food + drinks when you're not working, for you + your whole table
- Monthly gift card rewards for giving recognition to your team (+ for getting it, too!)
- Access to lots of company-paid business coaching + resources
- Access to an all-paid leadership book club; grow yourself personally + professionally
- As a company, we run on EOS; so we're a collaborative, strategic, and winning team (i.e. no more meetings that just waste your time - promise!)
- Quarterly, off-site meetings with the whole leadership team - to recenter, refocus, and set goals that actually matter
- An annual, 2-day retreat with the whole leadership team - a break from working in the business to work on it
- Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Easter, + your birthday off, automatically
- The opportunity to grow quickly with a forward-thinking company that regularly reinvests in itself and it's people
- The flexibility to optimize your own role - we'll teach you how to to get the things you don't like and aren't good at off your back, so you can focus on doing the things you do like and are good at
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?:
As our Marketing Director, you'll be at the helm of all things marketing. You'll be responsible for developing and executing a marketing plan for every part of our hospitality business - our restaurants in Lemont and soon-to-be in La Grange, our off-premise catering events, and also our soon-to-be event venue, Remi. With two openings slated for late 2023, we've got a lot of marketing to do!
These are some of the results our Marketing Director will be hired to accomplish:
- Develop a big-picture, creative AF marketing strategy for each of our brands
- Produce beautiful content that grabs attention
- Plan fun marketing events and promotions that people rave about
- Talk with our customers on every platform, regularly and often
- Manage our online presence everywhere we can be found
- Hire + develop a marketing team, both internally and externally
- Measure our marketing activities - so we do more of what works, and less of what doesn't!
The base salary range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000 depending on relevant experience, with bonus potential based on sales growth, profitability, and completion of special projects.
This position is full-time and salaried, with a semi-set schedule that allows for flexibility. Days off are scheduled back-to-back. Our Marketing Director will work 5 days, typically Tuesday - Saturday, and typically 40-50 hours per week.
Here are some of our general must-haves:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Open availability, including nights and weekends
- Sole access to a personal vehicle
- At least 5 years of marketing experience, in any role
- 3+ years of experience in a Marketing Director role, or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in marketing specifically for hospitality brands, strongly preferred
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing or similar, or equivalent work experience
- An enthusiastic and infectious curiosity about all things marketing
Have a working knowledge of a little bit of everything in the marketer's toolbox, including:
⟶ Social Media: Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, Pinterest, Later
⟶ Email: Mailchimp
⟶ Equipment: DSLR cameras, iPhones, Macbooks
⟶ Graphic Design + Photo Editing: Canva, Adobe Creative Suite
⟶ Video Editing: Adobe Premiere Pro or Rush, CapCut
⟶ SEO: SEMrush, Google Analytics
⟶ Website: Wordpress
⟶ AI: Jasper, ChatGPT, MidJourney
A BIT ABOUT US:
Wooden Paddle is hybrid restaurant and catering company. Our focus is communal, wood-fired comfort food and artsy cocktails. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but we take our food, drinks, and service extremely seriously.
And we're growing! We're opening up a 2nd restaurant in La Grange in late 2023, an event venue in late 2023, and a rooftop bar in late 2024. Opportunities for growth are everywhere here!