Down the Street Eats is a restaurant group based in and around Winter Park, Colorado. We believe in having great food and great service at all of our locations. This includes our awesome slope side location, Vertical Bistro & Tap located in the Winter Park Resort Village.
We just have one problem: there is a lot of hungry guests looking for some upscale bites! We specialize in upscale food, craft cocktails, and draft beer. We want to be known as the premier location for slope side dining in the Winter Park Resort Village.
This is where you come in. The Head Chef will be the sole leader driving our kitchen operation. You will be hands on prepping, cooking, and leading your heart of house team to success. You will also get to tap into your creative side as you formulate recipes and drive the offerings of each seasonal menu.
What Winning Looks Like:
- Ensuring the highest quality food and presentation standards for every guest every time!
- Strict management of food purchasing and inventory control.
- Train and manage kitchen staff in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control, sanitation and cleanliness.
- Maintaining a high sense of urgency during peak production times.
- Scheduling adequately to facilitate preparation and production while adhering to labor budget guidelines.
- Efficient and consistent execution of recipes and daily specials.
- Create and environment that fosters creativity, education, personal and professional development.
- Assist the GM and management team with a hiring strategy and making employment and termination decisions including, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training. Also, evaluating, reviewing, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate. You are a key role in the development of your team!
- Knowledge of Vertical’s personnel policies and standards and administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for any violation of company policies, rules, and procedures.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including inventory, ordering, forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and preventative maintenance plans.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from vendors, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Most importantly – Have fun while providing the best service possible to our guests!
Skills Needed to Win:
- 3 years experience in a fine dining or 100% scratch-made kitchen
- 2 years experience managing a small team (4-6 people)
- Ability to develop and implement processes to increase efficiency
- Proven ability to create, cost and implement a successful menu
- Knowledge in fine wine and beer pairings
- Culinary training degree or college degree preferred but not required
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours!) and have the stamina to work 45 - 55 hours per week consistently
About Down The Street Eats:
- We are a privately owned company founded in 2005 by Tim Hubbard.
- We run on EOS or the Entrepreneurial Operating System which ensures we all share the same vision, continue to gain traction and grow, and keeps our company healthy and functional.
- We believe in positive attitudes, consistency, hard work, and growth and these are core values that we all hold dear and live out each and every day.
By the way, we like to have fun and provide some great perks and benefits too! Here is what you can expect:
- A free Winter Park Resort Season Pass
- Generous PTO and paid sick time off
- Health Insurance Match
- 50% Off Meals at All Locations
- Flexible Schedules
- A Birthday Bonus
- Housing available
- A Company who appreciates you!