We are looking for an experienced assistant general manager to help the general manager in directing daily business operations. The assistant general manager should be experienced in a supervisory role, and be able to confidently deliver performance feedback, set goals, foster teamwork, and clearly communicate business objectives. The AGM must be able to competently perform duties in the absence of the general manager.
To be a successful assistant general manager, you should eagerly participate in educational and training opportunities. The AGM must be able to motivate and positively influence staff, especially during times of low morale. A top candidate for this position must have strong leadership and organizational skills. The AGM should be firm, but also approachable.
"What has surprised me the most over my years at Davanni's is the company has two great and vast reserves. The first is knowledge. There are so many wise people that make up the hierarchy of this company, and to be able to share in that is tremendous. The second is caring. From the top on down at Davanni's, there is a ton of care for both the mission as well as the individuals. These two things make Davanni's a particularly special place to work." - Erik H, East Side GM
Ryan from Woodbury (18 years with us): “Davanni’s is not just where I work, it is my family. I am a better man today because of the core values taught by Davanni’s.”
Louise from Bloomington (40 years with us): “I work at Davanni’s because the people I work for and with truly care about jobs. They strive to provide a positive, empowering, yet fun atmosphere. Everything associated with Davanni’s stands for quality; Our people, our product, and our presence in the communities we serve. To me, Davanni’s means family; The company becomes family, your customers become like family. We hire many family members and in some cases, new families are created because many people have met their spouses/significant others while working here.”
Abby from Plymouth (5 years with us): I find that Davanni’s holds a lot of opportunities for advancements in the company and in life. Davanni’s has been a great place to work and I feel I’ve made many friends that will hopefully still be around in my life. Davanni’s isn’t like any other workplace. It’s been nothing but a positive experience!
I chose a managerial career at Davanni's because it was a company with staying power that I believed in. I worked for years as a regular kitchen employee and had grown to trust that this was the place I wanted to invest my time into.
What I most love about this job is the satisfaction of being a leader, particularly to my younger employees. To know I have positively impacted their lives is truly rewarding. I also enjoy the freedom to carve my own path to success. I feel I can really impact my store without being second guessed.
The most challenging part of the job is managing people's personalities. I feel people are becoming more sensitive and self important these days, and that is only heightened by the stresses of the pandemic. It can be tricky to keep everybody happy.
I would advise a potential candidate to be ready to lace up their work boots. A great leader leads by example. I find your crew is more apt to rally behind you when you show you are willing to do what you ask of them to do.
What has surprised me the most over my years at Davanni's is the company has two great and vast reserves. The first is knowledge. There are so many wise people that make up the hierarchy of this company, and to be able to share in that is tremendous. The second is caring. From the top on down at Davanni's, there is a ton of care for both the mission as well as the individuals. These two things make Davanni's a particularly special place to work.
- Competitive Salary - 40 - 45 hour work week
- Quarterly bonus based on shop performance
- Health and Dental Insurance through Health Partners/Delta Dental
- HSA (Health Savings Account) up to $3600 including company contributions for single plan
- Food Bill Allowance of $220 per month to be used at any of our locations
- Gas Card good for gas at Holiday/Circle K Gas Stations - $70 monthly allotment
- Paid Time Off (18 days per year to start)
- Life insurance - $50,000 to start with one time option for additional coverage
- 401K plan with company match
- Other perks such as discounted tickets to sporting events (Vikings, Twins, Wild, Gophers)
- Degree in business administration or similar.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Good observation skills.
- An ability to deliver constructive criticism.
- Computer literate and basic Math skills.
- An ability to identify weaknesses and provide coaching where necessary.
- Cooperating with the general manager, and assisting with anything from project planning to staff management.
- Nurturing positive working relationships with staff.
- Delegating daily tasks.
- Addressing any issues in a timely fashion.
- Supervising staff and controlling merchandise.
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are followed.
- Setting a good example for staff.