We are looking for an experienced assistant general manager to help the general manager in directing daily business operations. The assistant general manager should be experienced in a supervisory role, and be able to confidently deliver performance feedback, set goals, foster teamwork, and clearly communicate business objectives. The AGM must be able to competently perform duties in the absence of the general manager.
Oven Hearth Bakery opened in 1997 in St. Paul, Minnesota to meet the specialized needs of all of the Davanni's restaurants in the Twin Cities metro area.
We specialize in high quality, high volume custom made baked goods and serve a variety of customers. At Oven Hearth, automated equipment is used by dedicated employees with over 230 years of baking experience. Think of us as wholesale baking with the human touch.
"What has surprised me the most over my years at Davanni's is the company has two great and vast reserves. The first is knowledge. There are so many wise people that make up the hierarchy of this company, and to be able to share in that is tremendous. The second is caring. From the top on down at Davanni's, there is a ton of care for both the mission as well as the individuals. These two things make Davanni's a particularly special place to work." - Erik H, East Side GM
- Experience interviewing candidates and hiring new employees
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Food Cost/Invoicing/Inventory experience
- Ordering product while managing food costs
- Computer literate and basic Math skills.
- Scheduling of employees
- Food Safety Certification
- HACCP Certification a plus
- PCQI Certification a plus
- Baking experience a plus
- Cooperating with the general manager, and assisting with anything from production to cost management and inventory control
- Nurturing positive working relationships with staff
- Scheduling for production needs
- Addressing any issues in a timely fashion
- Supervising staff and controlling merchandise
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are followed
- Setting a good example for staff