Line cooks are essential in the operation of the Statler French American Bistro and Market. A great line cook is responsible, passionate, and dependable. They can handle pressure and even thrive on it.
- Must be reliable, hard-working and understand their value to the total team
- Respect co-workers and guests alike
- Communicate effectively with other team members during every minute of the shift
- Ability to show up to work on time on your scheduled workdays in proper uniform
- Understand and respect the policies, procedures and standards of the organization
- Ability to follow direction including verbal, visual and written
- Able to stand and work on your feet, bend, lift and reach overhead. Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition
- Demonstrate good personal hygiene as well as cleaning and sanitizing skills
- Clean and prepare various foods for cooking or serving as directed by our Chef and other team members
- Ability to identify all different types of foods from meats and seafood to produce and grocery items. Also know where they belong and how to properly rotate these items
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn our food and recipes as we want them prepared
- Respect and knowledge of all cooking equipment, tools and vessels need to complete one’s job.
- Understand correct cooking times and temperatures
- Demonstrate working knowledge of allergies and cross contamination
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure while maintain quality and consistency
• Restaurant experience is preferred but not required. Tremendous growth potential with multiple locations and management levels. Looking for hard working, dedicated service people with a desire to excel.
• We offer a referral program, a competitive scholarship program, 401(k), and benefits.
• We love to promote from within and take care of our family of employees. Come and join our family of over 1000 Metro-Detroiters. We have a passion for our business and value the people who work for us!