We believe in the mission of “Pet Lovers Delighting Pet Lovers” and we demonstrate this through being Playful, Passionate, Personal and Professional. A successful candidate for this position will be someone who not only embraces this culture, but is a team player, self-motivated, takes direction well, has excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail.This is a service-related industry and you should not only be skilled at customer service, but passionate about helping people. You’ll work in our Daycare and Boarding areas to care and ensure the safety of the guests in our facility. Not only will you focus on handling dogs all day, but on the cleanliness of the facility.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing, or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Respond to request for service and assistance. Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these “lifetime clients”.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, and grasping.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Good teamwork and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily fluids and to get dirty frequently
- Must be comfortable being around dogs of all sizes and physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ensure that each guest is treated with respect and dignity
- Ensure that all guests are receiving appropriate amounts of food and water, and clean and sanitize food/water bowls on a daily basis.
- Clean up dog poop, urination, and any vomit several times throughout your shift
- Supervise playgroups of multiple dogs throughout the day
- Monitor closely for any potential conflicts or escalations and redirect or remove one or more dogs from the situation as needed
- Maintain a sanitary and healthy environment by following our standards of cleaning and disinfecting rooms
- Monitor guests’ health by daily charting eating and elimination habits. Dispose of and clean up any stool and urine.
- Follow all standards of safety with regards to handling guests, particularly aggressive guests and escape artists
- Pay specific attention to special handling notes, (Meds Person to Feed, Aggressive, Separate for Feeding, etc.)
- Immediately alert front staff and resort manager when a guest is ill or exhibiting odd behavior - follow up by filling out an illness form and turning it into a shift lead/manager.
- Ensure the facility meets or exceeds our expectations with regard to cleanliness and safety. Clean and sanitize all pet enclosures, exercise yards, and common areas. Mix and use disinfectants and other chemicals safely as instructed by the supervisor.
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the property by picking up and disposing of trash or debris. Keep aisles, drains, carts, shelves, sinks, floors, furniture, counters, and glass clean, sanitary, and free of clutter/debris. Empty and sanitize trash cans and receptacles.
A Day In The Life:
As a Pet Pro, you are part of a larger team that is focused on the daily pet care of our guests. You’ll report to work over a variety of shifts to handle everything from supervising playgroups of dogs, checking in and out pet parents, bathing & nail trims, feeding & administering medications, cleaning their rooms, and even loving them as if they were your own. You might snuggle a shy pup who needs some extra special attention while also helping a regular get right back into the swing of things. You’ll not only communicate with the dog(s) but also have a lot of interaction with mom and dad. You’ll document what you are seeing and be ready to share it with your manager and the pet parent. Let’s not forget -- you’re probably going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!
- Monday through Friday we are open from 7 am - 7 pm
- Weekday Shift times are 6:30am - 1pm and 12:30 pm - 7 pm
- Saturdays & Sundays we are open 8 am-10 am & 5 pm -7 pm
- Weekend Shift times are 7am - 10am & 4pm - 7 pm
- We are staffed 365 days a year