The Pet Care Assistant is an integral member of the Pet Services Team. Pet Services is responsible for the health, safety and comfort of our guests. This position supports all areas of the resort with a focus on cleanliness. This role directly works in the resort space of Boarding, Day Care, and Maintenance. The Pet Care Assistant duties include cleaning boarding spaces, dishes, laundry, individual dog play sessions, walking dogs, along with other cleaning around the pet resort.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Passion for pet care.
• Passion for cleanliness.
• Seeking coaching, development, performance appraisals, and advancement in the field of animal care.
• Interpersonal skills
• Organizational skills
• Basic computer skills
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and remain flexible with assigned duties
• Must be able to work well in team environment
• Demonstrates excellent time and task management
• Work efficiently in a fast pace environment.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Move throughout the resort for extended periods of time (up to 6-8 hours per day).
• Being able to lift and move 40 lbs.
• Understand and respond to team members’ and guests’ requests in a loud environment
• Bend, stoop, and reach in order to run and load dogs, serve customers, and clean the resort
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.