We make it our mission to bring the joy of delicious food closer to everyone, everywhere! We’re currently looking for crew members who are passionate about food to join our kitchens. Our crews use high tech equipment like industrial ovens and electronic order screens to consistently and efficiently provide the highest quality food on any delivery platform. Successful crew members closely follow existing instructions, but also know when to use judgment and initiative for safe and smooth kitchen operations, all focused on creating an amazing customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Work as part of a small team and complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Follow instructions to efficiently and consistently prepare high quality food.
- Prep ingredients based on recipes provided. Take accurate measurements, and be able to safely use a variety of kitchen equipment or tools, including knives.
- Complete daily inventory tasks including counting and organizing food by expiration date.
- Receive food orders and process for storage, making quality judgements on product and decisions on usage.
- Follow guidelines around food quality and safety. Maintain overall sanitation in food preparation areas and keep the kitchen clean. Wash dishes as needed.
- Maintain all kitchen equipment and technology such as ovens and fryers, and troubleshoot orders or system problems.
What makes a great candidate:
- Reliable and diligent. You’ll be working with a small team so every crew members’ contribution is important!
- Schedule flexibility. Crew members may be scheduled to work day and late night shifts, including weekends and our peak business hours from 9pm to 2am.
- Adaptability. Quick and enthusiastic learner: we are a start-up and regularly roll out new menus and operating procedures.
- Ability to multitask and still produce high quality results.
- A sense of urgency around completing daily tasks, with the ability to balance priorities to meet business needs.
- Strong customer focus, always balancing speed of delivery with the highest quality.
- Enjoy working with a small team or independently.
- Positive attitude and clear communication skills.
- Tech savvy: you must be comfortable using modern kitchen equipment like industrial ovens, and navigating multiple electronic applications.
- Prior experience with food service or understanding of food safety is a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Essential frequent physical requirements including standing for prolonged periods of time, bending, kneeling and reaching.
- Applicants must be able to read training materials and order instructions in English.
Minimum Age Requirement & Certification:
- We have a minimum age requirement of 18 years.
- You will need a current Food Handler's Card within your first 30 days of employment. This can be obtained at a number of websites for $8.00.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- $10 Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, including sick and vacation
- Meal credit for every shift scheduled
- Professional Growth Opportunities: Shift Lead, Training Specialist, and Kitchen General Manager
- Employee Referral Bonus
All Day Kitchens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team. We believe strongly that our people, partners, and platform benefit from the most diverse range of perspectives. We believe that great people are at the core of great food experiences.