Velvet Taco has 30+ restaurants across multiple states, with plans to open additional each year over the next 5 years. We are looking for a Director of Operations to lead our Tribe in South Dallas, TX.
The Director of Operations is responsible for the quality of restaurant operations and is dedicated to building an environment of operational excellence. They will align teams through performance measures that achieve our business goals. This position is also responsible for each restaurant’s execution and provides leadership and coaching to achieve high operational standards and increase sales and profits. The Director of Operations fosters a culture of high energy and high performing teams, making Velvet Taco a place our Team Members want to work.
This position will be asked to participate in company-wide initiatives and leadership meetings beyond normal traditional operational duties as the company begins an aggressive growth and expansion plan. Essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Encourages and fosters the development of Management Teams, providing them with challenging and measurable goals for their professional growth. Can easily adapt delivery of information, content, or style of feedback to best meet the needs of the audience or Manager
• Develops succession plans for staffing needs with a strong ability to recruit and develop others. Assesses talent at all levels and understands the importance of building a bench
• Skilled at the planning, development and implementation of practices that meet our high operational standards. Is a champion of change and inspires others to embrace the evolution of a growing brand
• Easily handles performance issues and holds teams accountable in a constructive and timely manner
• High level of P&L acumen and develops action plans to continuously raise the level of performance
• Ensures culinary standards are being followed in the areas of food safety, food storage, prep recipes, line procedures and all of culinary processes
• Sets the bar high in maintaining a clean, food safe and professional work environment while making it high energy and fun
• Believes in and supports a culture of continuous improvement and continuous learning and actively works on self-development
• Skilled at developing and setting annual plans, initiatives and budgets and successfully achieving them
• Execute and assist in developing strategies for restaurant support functions such as marketing, training, recruiting and New Restaurant Openings
• 5+ years in multi-unit food service leadership role required (Undergraduate degree preferred)
• Proven track record of successful P&L and operations management of at least $5-10 million in AUV
• Proven leadership skills with a strong ability to assess talent and build effective teams
• Hands on ability to direct management teams in high-volume, fast-paced environments
• Role model with high ethical standards for self and others
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Velvet Taco cultural fit and takes initiative where opportunities exist
• Expected to be hands on when needed and work a rotating schedule that includes late night hours and weekends
• Ability to multitask and work under deadlines
• Ability to think analytically and perform tactically
• Computer knowledge of excel, windows, POS programs
• Excellent communication and follow up skills a must
• Location: Candidate must be located in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area
• Travel Requirements: Expected to have high presence in designated restaurants (80% of time)
At Velvet Taco, we celebrate individuality! We are an equal opportunity employer and try to select and retain the best Team Members and Managers based on their job-related qualifications regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or medical condition.