Velvet Taco has 40+ restaurants across multiple states, with plans to open 10+ a year over the next 5 years. The Senior Manager of Restaurant Facilities plays a critical role in ensuring our restaurant leaders have the support needed to maintain our Velvet Taco vibe in our restaurants. Reporting directly to the VP of Development & Construction, the ideal candidate must display a “Stand to Together” mentality, working with a broad group of key team members to establish standards and systems for the maintenance of our restaurants. This candidate should leverage their leadership abilities to influence profitable behavior through coaching and know-how building, setting the expectations for the Velvet Taco facilities.
Position responsibilities include the following:
• Consult with restaurant operators to identify repair/maintenance requirements and serve as technical expert to advise on day-to-day and ensure emergency needs are addressed with urgency.
• Oversee and manage preventative maintenance programs and regulatory compliance needs with building, fire & safety codes in partnership with cross-functional teams/vendors
• Provide thought leadership to proactively identify and outline program development opportunities
• Establish and manage vendor relationships as required in partnership with Operations and Procurement
• Manage the work order management system (Service Channel) in partnership with Operations and Vendors to ensure the system is being utilized as expected.
• Review work order metrics to identify service gaps and recurring issues and provide corrective actions
• Leverage system reporting and analytics to identify cost improvement opportunities
• Reconcile and process invoices as necessary
• Monitor and report on the performance of M&R and CapEx spend to ensure accurate forecasts, understand work order productivity, and identify cost improvement opportunities
• Prepare data-guided recommendations that will improve quality, cost savings, and overall efficiency
• Manage facilities resources (manager, technicians), either directly or indirectly, as required by providing training, daily guidance, overall performance oversight, etc.
• Set the strategic objectives, priorities, and goals for Facilities in partnership with Operations.
• Develop, deploy and maintain a capital asset management strategy.
• Implement and maintain a strategic approach for repair/replace decisions.
• Prioritize all projects and determine the best course of action to address deferred maintenance.
• Manage large capital expense projects and brand rollouts/pilots coordinating onsite activities with internal and external resources.
• Develop and implement business objectives and strategies while influencing across the organization to achieve the desired outcomes.
• Track and record projected and actual costs of large capex projects, brand rollouts, etc.
• Conduct de-identification and reuse/reallocation of equipment to existing restaurants.
• Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years of prior experience in multi-unit facility (Foodservice and/or Hospitality) is required.
• 2-3 years of leadership experience is preferred.
• Reasonable working knowledge of building construction trades (including HVAC, plumbing, elevator, electrical, mechanical, fire systems, roofing, and painting).
• Reasonable knowledge of the development process (including budgeting, the scope of work creation, vendor negotiations & contracts, ability to read architectural plans, leasing/real estate/property management) is required.
• Strong discipline of financial management including financial tracking, budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
• Strong analytical mindset with a sound financial business acumen.
• Comfortable managing competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexible, detail-oriented team-player who works well under pressure and has strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must have strong communication skills with the ability to successfully communicate to team members, vendors, contractors, and executive team.
• Location: This is an in-office position located in Velvet Taco Restaurant Support Office in Addison, TX
• Travel Requirements: Minimal. Travel as necessary to existing and future Velvet Taco markets.