We are looking for a competent cooks for our catering department that are quick on their feet (literally and metaphorically) and have a polite and friendly attitude. Main duties include preparing and cooking food, cleaning up prep areas and making sure the kitchen is stocked. If you enjoy preparing food and thrive in a fast-paced workplace, we’d like to meet you. Your ultimate goal will be to provide high-quality food that will help us maintain and attract customers. Must be 18 or over to apply. Apply in-person at restaurant. M-W between 2:30 - 4:30 pm.
The person we are hoping to employ is first and foremost a skilled, organized, and creative cook. We are looking for someone to work as a team player, follow instructions, and help us delight our customers with delicious food from our catering. In addition to cooking prowess, great communication and organizational skills are paramount.
A good candidate for this job is a person with attention to detail who can keep the kitchen tidy and clean all while preparing, cooking, and arranging food together with the rest of our kitchen staff. We pride ourselves in our exceptional service, and we expect nothing less from our cooks. The advantage goes to candidates with a diploma from a culinary school.
- Proven restaurant cook experience.
- Must be skilled in operating kitchen equipment.
- Must be skilled in various cooking techniques.
- Attention to cleanliness and safety.
- Patience and team-oriented approach.
- Great team skills and treat co-workers with respect.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- High school diploma is a plus but not required.
- Maintaining a sanitized and well-organized kitchen.
- Assisting with stocking and setting up the kitchen stations.
- Preparing food including cleaning and cutting the ingredients and cooking main dishes, desserts, and appetizers.
- Plating prepared foods based on chef’s guidance.
- Working with servers and catering manager to ensure that orders are completed on time.
- Washing and cleaning the kitchen and cooking utensils and storing the equipment at the end of shifts.
- Ensuring that the kitchen operation procedures and hygiene meet food safety standards and regulations.
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen/bar staff.
- Preparing and maintaining kitchen equipment.
- Checking the quality of the ingredients.
- Preparing workstations, cooking ingredients, and kitchen equipment for cooking.
- Cooking and arranging food.